Revalation..was it personal?

by Burger Time 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I am sure this has been brought up in the past..

Was John's Revelation supposed to be simply John moving over to the afterlife? By this I mean instead of being some grand prophecy, could it have been our own personal Armageddon? I personally think that it has nothing to do with prophecy but was just what was supposed to happen after you die. The middle part of being judge. Instead of taking it literal does anyone else take it as something like I do? If you need more explanation of what I think just let me know. IF this has been posted elsewhere also fill me in.

Let me rephrase this...could it be a personal prophecy to Christians as to what they are going to go through after death. I am aware of the 1 chapter saying it's a prophesy.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Great thought Burger! I have wondered the same thing myself.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's a piece of political propoganda that uses the genre of apocalyptic to motivate Christians to accept martyrdom rather than renounce Christ.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I used to wonder the same thing...

I remember reading something about the 7 churches representing the 7 Chakras...

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Your probably right Leo, just wondered why people don't take Revelation as personal thing...

• Perry
    Perry

Leolia writes:

It's a piece of political propoganda that uses the genre of apocalyptic to motivate Christians to accept martyrdom...

What most people fail to realize is that the hundreds, perhaps thousands of martyrs that died prior to the book Revelation being written actually had access to a secret Christian time machine that allowed them to travel into the future, read the Revelation book, and then travel back in time to die a martyr's death.

In the light of modern thinking, it's amazing that fundies still think that people were emboldened to be martyred instead of shutting up because they actually saw with their own two eyes a powerful and loving man claim to be God, die on a cross, come back to life, and ascend into the heavens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit