Speculation about upcoming WT article

by Makena1 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

One of the upcoming articles listed in the latest WT is:

"I appeal to Caesar"

Just speculating, but could this be an article that explains the NGO/DPI association to the rank and file?

Makena

• blondie
    blondie

These articles are planned, researched, and prepared for printing a minimum of 2 to 3 months out. There are many other legal issues that the WTS has used governmental agencies (Caesar) for information and legal support. Much like we as an individual can have the DA, police, and court system act on our behalf. So I very much doubt that this was prepared for the UN debacle. Unless they knew all along this would happen and are true prophets (smile).

• Xena
    Xena

Hey Mak you have a subscription? If so how did you get it? We tried but for some reason they don't want us to have one

P.S. you know we are saving the good wine for when ya'll come and visit! Louis Jadot Pinot Noir 1998 (I think that is the year)

• Moxy
    Moxy

not explicitly, no. it would suicide to explain the situation now, seeing as theyve dissaciated. however, there could be information here that RELATES to the situation, such that only the people in the know will actually recognize what situation is being discussed. or there could be information that just generally relates to the increased involvement with political groups and human rights issues and just happens to relate to the UN. this seems likely--if this were a direct response to the UN situation, this would be in record time.

mox

• Makena1
    Makena1

The person who took over the expiring subs from me was a good friend. I think he keeps renewing it for us - hope he is dropping some bucks in the box for it, because I certainly am not.

Blondie, I agree that articles for the mags are written sometimes months in advance. (recalling the JW video) However, do you think they have never in their history said, "Stop the presses" in order to go with a hot topic?

Makena
    Inquiring minds class

• Moxy
    Moxy

reminds me of the joke we'd tell about the press room in brooklyn having the big red button to stop the presses, but that theirs would be behind a glass box labeled, 'break in case of new light.'

mox

• blondie
    blondie

Since these articles are developed by and supervised by a large number of brothers, I doubt that you could get that many brothers to quickly agree on when they should go to lunch let alone a major decision to stop the presses. It is an illusion that the GB controls these articles. Ask anyone here who has been on a body of elders how hard it is to come to an agreement on a hot issue. And we are talking about about more than 6 to 8 brothers....

They will just ignore it and hope it disappears.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

blondie,

: It is an illusion that the GB controls these articles.

That is so true. Sadly the rank & file actually think that the expositions in The Watchtower are communicated from Jehovah to the GB. It's sad because the org. itself has taught them to believe that - see the page from the 1939 YearBook.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit