Anyone from Calgary?

by Bobbi 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Last night I got a phone call from one of my oldest and dearest friends. We have been talking about doing some business together and I wanted to be honest with her about fading from the JW's. I told her that I was inactive and not planning on making any effort to return. She asked why? I asked her if she wanted the real reason or the sugar coated one and she asked for the truth. I said "Because I have lost faith in the society as God's earthly organization". She says "Wow, why?" I told her about 607 and about the blood fractions and mentioned the sept. KM. She put the phone down and I could hear her screaming in the back ground. I was a little worried and was very relieved when she got back on the phone and told me she had known for some time that there was something wrong with the organization and thanked me for telling her. That is when i told her about the court cases in the states. She was shocked.

Now the hard part. She asked me what she should do now. She has been missing a lot of meeting lately anyway so missing more will not raise any flags. She is single and very alone in the city. She needs a support group like JWD to help her but has no computer and limited access to the internet at work.

I will always be her friend and help from afar but I was hoping someone in Calgary could call her and talk to her as well. She needs someone to talk to who knows all the issues and can give advice on starting a new life away from the witnesses. If anyone can do this please PM me and I will set it up.

Bobbi (Thrilled to have gotten one of her friends out of the Borg)

• Scully
    Scully

Bell has some pretty decent unlimited long distance plans so you can keep in touch with your friend. If it's within your means, I'd suggest that, or you can encourage her to come here or chat with her on MSN or Yahoo, if it isn't. If you think she might want to come here, let her know that it will help her to not feel so alone in her misgivings with the organization. There are close to 30,000 members from around the world - we can't all be wrong, can we??

I know there are a few folks here from Calgary, and they'll probably pop in soon.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Money is not a big issue. I will call her as much as I can. The problem is, the time difference and three kids. Time is the issue.

She doesn't have a computer at home and only limited access at the local library.

Bobbi

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I have two faded cousins moving to Calgary this month. If you want some info, PM me please.

• Scully
    Scully

Yes, the time difference is a nuisance. Maybe calls later in the evening would work for you? If she decides to make visiting the library a regular thing so she can research or chat online, you could arrange to chat that way too.

If you get Barb Anderson's CD, you might be able to print some things out for her to read - if you think she's ready.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

She might want to look into the exJW meetup groups. They are quite popular with some folks.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm from the US so I can't help with your problem. I just wanted to let you know that you are a great friend. I'm sure it took guts to even open that can of worms with her because you never know what kind of response you will get!

All you can do is be there for her! Congrats Bobbi on getting out a friend

nj

• Simon
    Simon

Hey, we're from Calgary! (it still feels wierd saying that, LOL)

I'll send you a PM ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit