Awake Vacuity, Stretched Fonts and "Pointed Counsel"

by metatron 6 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I just breezed thru the latest Awake and you've got to be kidding! You'll recall that this rag was supposed to have a renewed emphasis on the

Bible since it got cut back. ("Free Delicacies From the Forest", " Toothache - a History of Agony"!).

I've also noticed how the Kingdom Ministry loves to change fonts and stretch w-o-r-d-s across the page as filler.

In conclusion, I rather doubt that you'll be seeing any dramatic change in the new "Kool-Aid" Watchtower. They've got little to talk about as it

is.

metatron

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

If you tell them it is new,

they will believe it

• Arthur
    Arthur

Remember: the Awake article is targeted to a much larger audience than just the Witnesses. If all they wrote about were prophecies of Daniel and Revelation commentary; few people would even want it. But if there is a warm, fuzzy, feel good article on Pandas, or the history of violin making; more people will show interest. The Awake is designed to serve as a segue into the Watchtower magazine which is designed to be more Biblically instructional.

As far as the new JW-only version of the WT, I have no doubt that it will contain manipulative thought-control, guilt-inducing rhetoric, sophisticated coercion, and calls for robotic allegiance to the organization that the public version won't. The public version of the WT will be a sales / recruitment tool. The JW-only version of the WT will be a mallet to hammer people into submission and conformity.

• metatron
    metatron

After you pack a 32 page Watchtower with two study articles, you have about 6 pages of text to fill. So, the supposed pointed counsel

will be stuffed into secondary articles that not even GB members bother to read! You can't make the Watchtower study any more pointed

because it's still a public meeting. In fact, you can't make much of anything more pointed because this stuff is going to be spilled all over the

internet, anyway.

They are running out of ideas and money. Praise the Lord!

metatron

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Stretched Fonts

And if you've ever had your font stretched...you know pain!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They've got little to talk about as it

is.

They could always come up with new dates for the end of the world.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

alle ---- luuuu - ya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit