how long will the sunday meetings be now?

by The Lone Ranger 5 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Maybe this has being discussed already but I was thinking that now that the Public talks will be 30mins instead of 45mins, and there is a new WT arrangement, it will stand to reason that the WT articles might be shorter, I can't see the sense of cutting the Public talk and WT meeting for just 15 mins from 2 hours to 1.45hours, unless the WT articles will be shorter as well, and the whole Sunday meeting will be cut by 30mins, to 1.5 hours. Any thoughts on this?

• dobbie
    dobbie

I thought that maybe, seen as the study watchtower will be for their eyes only, they would use that extra 15 minutes for even more intense study of the watchtower article and tighten the control ever more...

• return visitor
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Only since you asked so nicely,

Back in Rutherford's day, he hated anything he couldn't control so he changed things.
    This is a similar modern-day change. They give an outline for public talks, but the
    elders have too much leeway on how to present the information, so shorten their time
    and they are forced to stick to the outline a bit closer.

As far as the WT study, this is their information, and they want them to dwell on this
    mind-control therapy every week. There would be no reason to shorten the meeting-
    if anything, it would be lengthened if they thought they could.

Perhaps they will shorten the evening meetings or combine the book study into the
    Service Mtg. and school to free up an evening. I only say this because they see the
    problems with negative growth coming and low meeting attendance. They don't want
    to do this, but might try it to retain the flock.

• ninja
    ninja

what a downer....my wife and kids will be home earlier....annoying me while watching the football and drinking......and they'll probably have dubby kids with them.....rod and tod from the simpsons are alive and well

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard nothing about adjustment of the Puketower study or the other meetings. However, it stands to logic that they will either leave the other meetings alone or lengthen the Puketower study to prevent that meeting from ending earlier (and sending the children out to the playground or the parents home to watch football). That remains to be seen, but I don't think we are going to see any shortened Puketower meetings to go along with shorter public talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit