Festivus "endorsed" as primary Witness Holiday.

by coaster 3 Replies latest jw friends

• coaster
    coaster

Actually did not mean to click enter. My wife nearly left me yesterday while arguring over the NWT, and how it has so changed the text from what it really says in ancient writings, especially col. 1(other added four times) and the dozens of places where Jehovah is not even a quote from the Hebrew scriptures.

I am not going to change her mind. the km question box is not going to change her mind. this is the truth and god is using this org. the new qb in sept km probably will not help. only if the fds enorses things, like festivus, can we use it.

I am so sad, I was hoping a funny subject line would help out, it didn't

coaster

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Let's face it Coaster, they are a f****d up bunch.

Nothing you do or say will change that.

Sorry.

(been living with the aftermath for almost 30 years)

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess when reading this forum, one gets ones hope up that this will open their eyes, or this will. But in reality, it's not happening (not to many anyway). Just as they are hoping Armageddon will come soon so that any doubt can be finally put to rest, people here hope that the end of the organisation will come soon. My guess is the latter will happen first (and that the former won't happen), but who knows when?

I was thinking of this yesterday; how would I have reacted to the September KM QB when I was active? I think my mind would have reacted as follows:

1) "Wow - we must be really close to the end now! Satan is really trying to break the org. apart from within."

2) "Are people really that stupid, as to use worldly literature in their studies, when we have so many good books from the FDS??"

3) "People actually have time to study in groups outside of the meetings and bookstudies and field service and preparing for meetings and making talks etc.?? And to write books!?"

4) "Are people really stupid enough to believe what they read on the internet when it comes to the Bible and God? We all know there are tons of apostates and athesists out there, and that Satan and his demons are influencing things!"

So.... sorry to say, for a lot of them, it's going to take a lot before they are bothered by things like this.

And even if they are slightly bothered, and kinda start to doubt a little, they will think "OK, so perhaps the org. isn't perfect - it's run by imperfect human beings after all - it's still Jehovah's org. in these end times. And besides, where would I go if I left!? And what would be the consequences?"

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I am not going to change her mind. the km question box is not going to change her mind. this is the truth and god is using this org. the new qb in sept km probably will not help. only if the fds enorses things, like festivus, can we use it.

You need to back off and take some time with you wife. You've just started posting here! There is lots to learn and experience for your own growth before you even get to her.

Later this week i'm starting a series of posts about living with a JW mate. Stay tuned....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit