Submitting Press Releases

by alias 3 Replies latest jw friends

• alias
    alias

Hello FormerJWCollective®,

I'm aware that some of you are pros at submitting press releases online and I wanted to know if anyone can enlighten me on the most effective places to do this.

I truly appreciate your pointing me through the sea of PR sites.

alias

• alias
    alias

btt One more try. :)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Press releases are usually from organizations.

You can write letters to the editor or op-eds (longer opinion articles that may be published in your newspaper, near the letters to the editor section). You can also call your local reporters and ask to be interviewed, if you have a newsworthy story to tell or a local angle on a national/international story.

Online you can go to forums or wherever you like to post your opinions. There are some web sites that let anyone and everyone submit "press releases" but as an individual that is equal to posting your opinions in a blog, IMO. It's not as though Associated Press is likely to see your online "press release" and print it, IMO.

• alias
    alias

Thank you for that info, rebel. I agree that Press Releases are done by organizations for products and such which is why I'm putting out the feelers. A quick google search brings up a zillion "press release" sites and I was hoping to cut to the good ones to expedite my mission.

Not AP stuff here, but worthy of a bit of PR.

Thanks for your help!

alias

organizational marketing class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit