Gold Mine of Historical WT Documents: Bible Student Library 3

by cabasilas 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The folks over at www.heraldmag.org have outdone themselves! Researchers have used that site for many years to obtain files of older Watchtower related documents from Russell's day (and also including later Bible Student materials). Now, they have issued a new DVD with much more material on it. There is so much info, that they put it on a DVD, not CD-ROM.

I purchased one and am amazed at all the stuff on it. Of particular interest are all the Convention Reports from 1904 onwards in their entirety. These are exceedinly rare to find and contain a wealth of historical information on the Bible Student movement in Russell's day. All the Convention Reports from 1904 to 1916 are included, plus later ones held by the Bible Students after the split with Rutherford's group. Another additional valuable feature are scans from the St Paul Enterprise, which was a Bible Student newspaper in Russell's era. And much, much more.

If you're interested in researching early Watchtower history, this is well worth obtaining.

http://www.heraldmag.org/cdromad.htm

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Cabasilas,

THANK YOU! I will definately save the link, you never know when this info. will come in handy!! GREAT FIND thank you for sharing!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is a very valuable resource. I just wish they had page images of the original publications instead of re-typed text.

Another thing is that original copies (not the JFR "reprints") of the very early Watch Towers would be interesting. There was stuff left out of the reprints that can be of interest to researchers, the same way that garbage middens are goldmines for archaeologists.

• VM44
    VM44

There was stuff left out of the reprints...

Just who did Rutherford think he was leaving stuff out of the Reprints?

One would think that he considered himself some sort of Judge or something.

--VM44

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

From what I can see the text of the Convention Reports is identical to the originals. I had the 1911 Convention Report and I didn't see anything missing in the file that was on the DVD. I would have preferred scans but it looks like it's all there and it's searchable. They also included many of the pictures from the Reports.

As for the Towers--my understanding is they contain more than what's in the Reprints. I was told they compared each page from the original issues with the later Reprints and added information that was left out.

The St Paul Enterprise material is all scans. That's one HUGE file!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cabasilas:

Thanks cabasilas! I just purchased that one also.

Cheers! Atlantis-

• wherehasmyhairgone
  • cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks. This DVD has MUCH, MUCH more than what is on the website. I've been told that eventually someday they hope to update the website with the new files which are on the DVD but that may take some time since their website developers are all volunteers.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have noticed that some of the strongest statements referring to Russell as the F&WS in "thank you" letters published in the Watch Tower were left out of the Reprints. Perhaps it was thought a tad immodest for Russell to have printed them without comment.

BTW, I am going to have ta git me a copy!

• homejah
    homejah

Could not find it. Hope it appears again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit