El vs. YHWH or El into YHWH. for those who've read "The Bible Unearthed"

by kwintestal 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

Wow, I'm glad you expressed what you are getting out of this! You are mistaken.

Jcannon,
    And so i understand you clearly, you reject the theory put forth in the 'The bible unearthed' and side solely with a biblical version of history correct?
    regards
    Steve

No. that is not correct. The "Bible Unearthed" puts forth a theory of why Solomon is dated too early based upon revisionism of Jewish history during a later period, rather than revision of Greek history. That's the only difference. We BOTH agree or don't contradict the RC14 dating say that would date the level IV at Rehov associated with Shishak's invasion to where it points to, the highest probability being to 871BCE. So both of us are claiming revisionism in the historical record. Finkelstein thus basically asserts that the Babylonian and Assyrian chronology are accurate and thus the bases his Bible timeline on that based upon the Battle of Karkar occurring in 853BCE. It's a simple matter then of counting back about 72 years to the 5th of Rehoboam. That's where they get 925BCE. But it is my opinion that misrepresents the Bible's own chronology, which contradicts relative and absolute history for the NB and Persian Periods. So I do not reject at all the archaeological dating, in fact, I'm thankful to Finkelstein for putting it all together, linking the various sites and levels. But his theory is based on the conventional timeline out of Babylon which was revised with the help of the Greeks so his dating comparison is subject to that, regardless.

after thought:

after reading your post, isn't the point of evidence to follow it where it leads you rather than trying to shoe horn into a whatever holy book you need to validate?

I totally agree. But do you think Finkelstein is going to do that? Forget it! For instance, I quoted him from his book where he clearly mentions Rehov's RC14 dating and says that it falls clearly in the "mid-ninth century." He thus uses the scientific information to bash the Bible under the presumption of Shishak's invasion per the Bible falling in 925BCE. But, does he will follow through with his own chronology? The 925BCE dating is based on the fixed dating of the Assyrian Period based upon a single eclipse occurring in 763BCE. The link event from the Assyrian chronology into Biblical chronology is the Battle of Karkar in the 6th of Shalmaneser 90 years after the eclipse which falls in 853BCE. Guess what? 853BCE is just about as close to "mid-ninth century" as you can get! Normally there is about a 72-year gap from the Battle of Karkar to the 5th of Rehoboam, right? (925 - 853 = 72). So how is it now that all the evidence is pointing to (1) that this level was destroyed by Shishak, and (2) that this level was destroyed per RC14 dating around 871, though Finkelsteins extends that to mid-ninth century, and it not contradict the Persian timeline? There is no way to harmonize this. That is, the RC14 dating not only contradicts the 925BCE dating for Shishak but the Battle of Karkar in 853BCE upon which it is based. But do you think Finkelstein will "follow here it leads" and start challenging the fixed Assyrian timeline? Of course not! He cops out totally and in his later book wants to associate the Level IV destruction which he now is clearly showing is consistent with Shishak's invasion, with saying Shishak didn't do this attack, it must have been Hazeal later on, and then basically ignores the primary dating found from RC14 pointint to 876-867 BCE and tries to push this destructive level far enough past the Battle of Karkar in 853BCE so that it doesn't conflict with that very specifix and fixed dating. So he totally abandons Shishak for this level later on. So is he really following the evidence. No! That's why he's a JOKE. He wants it both ways but can't have.

He's a joke because all of this is resolved if you simply downdate everything by 54 years and use the 709BCE eclipse instead. The 763BCE eclipse is already in question even by casual reference on the net by Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/760s_BC

"June 15, 763 BC - A solar eclipse at this date (in month Sivan) is used to fix the chronology of the Ancient Near East. However, it should be noted that it requires Nisan 1 to fall on March 20, 763 BC, which was 8 to 9 days before the vernal equinox (March 28/29 at that time) and Babylonians never started their calendar year before the spring equinox. Main article: Assyrian eclipse"

So there is plenty of evidence that the Assyrian timeline itself is too early, but Finkelstein prefers to have us believe the Bible writers for some reason wanted to move the glorious time of Omri to the make-believe person of Solomon.

I, on the other hand, can completely escape your challenge of bias by retrodating from the primary date. That is, per the chart, the highest probability date for Shishak's invasion is 876-867BCE with the absolute center of the range provided being 870.5 BCE. I can presume this is the most accurate dating and see what kind of chronology I get if I date Shishak's invasion to 871BCE specifically, year 39 of Solomon as the Bible indicates. That would date the 4th of Solomon to 906BCE and the Exodus in 1386BCE. That in turns dates the 1st of Cyrus to 455BCE. That in turn harmonizes with the VAT4956 dating for year 37 of Nebuchadnezzar in 511BCE, dating that would downdate the entire NB Period by 57 years. The closes matched eclipse during the Assyrian Period for that adjustment is the 709BCE eclipse which is 54 years after 763BCE, but it is the conventional third month, with the first month occurring after the equinox, not before as in the case of 763 BCE. So in this case, I can follow the evidence precisely without a blink. Finkelstein cannot. The fact is, he's painted himself into a corner here. He'll have to go with the conventional chronology and ignore the RC14 dating, or go with the RC14 dating and change the Assyrian dating to make things match. In the meantime, since serious Bible students don't use that timeline anyway, it's really not our problem. The archaeology agrees with the Bible's timeline this time, and strongly so.

His view is that the evidence fit a particular view of history that has come from this evidence, however their is no emotional vested interest, if he was completely proven wrong tomorrow, one man ego 'may' be hurt.

Oh, paleeeze! This is an archaeologist. He is supposed to be talking about archaeology. Do you know what he and his co-writer Neil Asher Silberman write about? He has a whole chapter on: "Messianic Visions - David and Solomon, from Judaism to Christianity." Here's a quote: "Yet it is obvious that the great ideological switch that occurred in the postexilic period--namely, the use of David and Solomon as the avatars of later religious belif, rather than dynastic fortune--gave rise to a wide range of interpretations that would be influential among the new religious variations that gradually evolved within Judaism, and later in Christianity." (Page 234, "David and Solomon")

So why is Finkelstein, an archaeologist, suddenly an exegetical interpreter of church doctrine? That's not his field of expertise. But he's entitled like everyone else, sure, but to say he has no "emotional vested interested" is certainly not the case. Problem is, he never gets to square one of making David and Solomon "mythical" if he uses the wrong timeline to do so. The Bible dates Solomon precisely where the archaeology does. Do you realize what that means? It means if the buildings that they found occur during the time Solomon lived per the accurate Bible chronology, then the Bible writers were correct in saying Solomon built these buildings. In which case they were not lying or revising desperately during the postexilic period as Finkelstein is trying to claim! His entire argument is no stronger than the weakest link, the distorted chronology timeline from the Greeks. So where does that argument go now? Since Finkelstein clearly is not going to use the RC14 dating to challenge the fixed Assyrian timeline, even though there is a clear contradiction, we have no choice but to presume he and Silberman's true motive was to get more anti-Biblical and anti-messianic bashing credibility from the discrepancy in the Solomonic dating now contradicted by more and more archaeological evidence. Problem is, all he does is confirm more and more that the Bible's timeline that lowers Solomon's rule to 910-870BCE is precisely correct and thus the 1st of Cyrus should be dated to 455BCE as the Bible indicates. So it's totally a miss here. It only works in the narrow range of how substantiated and stable the Assyrian chronology is, and the VAT4956 alone redates that by 54-57 years automatically by virtue of having both the revised and original dating in the same text. So it's basically over. Finkelstein is just JOKE. His entire theory evaporates into thin air with the very archaeological evidence he presents.

This is what i find so amazing, when seeing anyone ( i am not aiming this at you ) tyring to align evidence to fit their own holy book, and the reason are far more suspect than some one just putting a theory out there, what happens when history proves something in the bible wrong??...

That's just it, the Bible is not wrong. The Bible cross-dates and cross-references lots of chronology, so several prophecies have to line up with actual dated events to be correct. It is such a science now and so absolute it cannot be wrong. Also, there were only a couple of options anyway. It's not like what we have now is going to change completely and then we have to change. It's all ABSOLUTE now.

well huge emotional investments are at stake so we have comments like Richard Hess, saying
    "However, it may be noted that the 480 years mentioned in 1 Kings 6:1 may be symbolic and not refer to a specific date" which to me show the how the bible leaks.

You would think is a God was going to get a book penned about himself, it would show and prove in every light without fault and how greatly knowledge the author has, yet it fails time and again. But as a man-made book written for political end, it does pretty well.

The Bible doesn't leak. Those like the WTS and others who find the Bible isn't working out with their timelines then try to ignore or twist things. You might accuse me of the same thing, but I offer you to examine it. In fact, come to think of it, what my chronology does, all my research into all the ancient history, is allows me NOT to have to use the Bible to get the dating I want. For instance, I want Cyrus to begin his rule in 455BCE, right? It's easy for me to get that from the Bible. But I can get that several ways from other sources. For instance, the VAT4956 that dates year 37 of Nebuchadnezzer to both 511BCE and 568BCE, dismissing 568BCE as a fake date. That means his 23rd year falls in 525BCE. I then use Josephus to confirm that 70 years expired from the last deportation until the 1st of Cyrus. Year 23 was the year of the last deportation. Thus Cyrus per the VAT4956 and Josephus would date the 1st of Cyrus to 455BCE. Did I mention Jesus? No. Did I mention the 70 weeks prophecy? No. See. Easy.

Same with the Peloponnesian War eclipse that doesn't work in 431BCE. I found the original in 402BCE which dates the beginning of that war in 403BCE. That means the 30-year peace agreement ends in 394BCE, the 10th year of the War. Xerxes invasion thus falls in 424BCE. I check that for an Olympic year and it works! The Battle of Marathon occurs in 434BCE, 10 years earlier. Darius dies at Marathon in his sixth year. Thus this should be the same year the temple is completed, which began 21 years earlier. 21 plus 434 is 455BCE. See how that works?

Same with Artaxerxes II dying in the 8th year of the war, 396BCE. He ruled for 41 years and thus began his rule in 437BCE. Artaxerxes II and Xerxes were the same king so they began ruling at age 18, the same year their father began to rule. Of course, Persepolis proves that Xerxes was already an adult in the 4th year of Darius when the city was begun, so that doesn't work. Still if we calculate back to the birth of Xerxes he is born in 455BCE, the same year Cyrus began to reign. Thus we know where that legend came from. Xerxes was the first child of Darius and Atossa who was born after Cyrus took over kingship of the entire empire and thus he was the first royal heir under that new empire and thus became king designate ahead of his older brothers. 455 BCE without the Bible as a primary source. Let me count the ways!

So its really just a matter of BEING INFORMED. I share my research and let people make up their own minds. I even write archaeologists like Finkelstein and Mazar and authors like Furuli and let them go their own way. That's all I can do. Besides trying not to laugh sometimes.

JCanon

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

JCanon Thanks for clearing that up. Some interesting points you have highlighted to me, which i will be checking out. My issue with history and the bible is so much of its claimed history just isn't , not that I really want to get into it in this thread, and i am sure this has been debated before on this board. I continue to read up and study. regards Steve

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good topic.

As a side point, why is it Leolaia that you always have to get me excited about a particular book that either is out of print or costs over 75 bucks?

It's not right I tell you, it's not right!

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Wherehasmyhairgone: JCanon Thanks for clearing that up. Some interesting points you have highlighted to me, which i will be checking out. My issue with history and the bible is so much of its claimed history just isn't , not that I really want to get into it in this thread, and i am sure this has been debated before on this board. I continue to read up and study. regards Steve

That is what you SAY, but you give not a specific example. I know that some things cannot be proven, but far more that is presumed not accurate turns out to be misrepresented. This is a perfect example. For instance Shishak's invasion of primarily the northern cities of Israel is counted as evidence the Bible is not accurate because it represents Shishak attacking Rehoboam in the South and Jeroboam being the good friend of Shishak, so why is the focus in the north? Turns out Rehoboam and Jeroboam began to count their rulerships from the time of the divine appointments, before Solomon died and thus Rehoboam was in his 5th year of co-rulership with Solomon when the attack occurred. Thus the attack on the northern cities was an attack on the entire united kingdom that was still under the rule of Rehoboam.

1 And it came about that, as soon as the kingship of Re·ho·bo´am was firmly established and as soon as he was strong, he left the law of Jehovah, and also all Israel with him. 2 And it came about in the fifth year of King Re·ho·bo´am that Shi´shak the king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, (for they had behaved unfaithfully toward Jehovah,) 3 with twelve hundred chariots and with sixty thousand horsemen; and there was no number to the people that came with him out of Egypt—Lib´y·ans, Suk´ki·im and E·thi·o´pi·ans. 4 And he got to capture the fortified cities that belonged to Judah and finally came as far as Jerusalem.

5 Now as for She·mai´ah the prophet, he came to Re·ho·bo´am and the princes of Judah who had gathered themselves at Jerusalem because of Shi´shak, and he proceeded to say to them: “This is what Jehovah has said, ‘Y OU , for your part, have left me, and I, too, for my part, have left YOU to the hand of Shi´shak.’” 6 At that the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves and said: “Jehovah is righteous.”

According to the above, Shishak attacked the "fortified cities of JUDAH", yet we find "the princes of Israel" still dealing with and subject to Rehoboam during this incident. Further there is no mention of Jeroboam who was king of the 10 tribes of Israel. Also consider the context. Jeroboam set up false worship in Israel when he took over. The archaeological facts show Shishak invaded cities in the north as well. Obviously, since the north is much bigger than the area of the 2-tribe kingdom of Judah, there would be more cities in the north attacked. So what do we learn from this? That the divine appointment of Jeroboam and Rehoboam as kings, which are parallel reigns, is what the rulerships were counted from. Co-rulerships are not at all unusual at this time, in fact, were quite standard. Thus all is resolved once you understand that the 5th year of Rehoboam was still during the very last years of Solomon, in fact, his 39th year, apparently. How do we know this? Comparative chronology. That is, if we correct the 763 BCE eclipse during the Assyrian Period to its original date of 709BCE then the 925BCE date for Shishak's invasion based on the 763BCE eclipse drops down 54 years to 871BCE. Using the Bible's absolute chronology based on when Jesus got baptized in 29CE that establishes 455 BCE as the year the Jews began to rebuild their city, which we date to the 1st of Cyrus, we calculate the Exodus at 19 jubilees earlier to 931BCE. The Exodus and the return of the Jews from Babylon both harmonize with the Jewish jubilee years. In that case, the Exodus occurs in 1386 BCE. Jubilees are every 49 years, the 1st year of every 49 but the 50th after the previous 49. Solomon's 4th year would fall 480 years after the Exodus and thus in 906BCE. That means his rule would be from 910-870 BCE (or 909-869 BCE), thus 871BCE falls during his 39th year. There's an overlap. This also explains, of course, why Shishak would attack the cities in the kingdom of his friend, Jeroboam. He didn't. In fact, he did him a favor by destroying the cities that would have allowed Judah to maintain Judah's control in the north. The result is that all is well. You have a wonderful combination of archaeological and historical continuity between the Bible and a confirmed secular event recorded by Shishak, with absolute complete harmony. The RC14 dating, which is specific to within a few years as you can see, point right at 871BCE as well. So everything should be great, right? NO. Writers and anti-Biblical archaeologists like Israel Finkelstein who didn't realize that Solomon was still ruling at the time point out this discrepancy with the Bible and make it seem as though the Bible doesn't match archaeology. Furthermore, since he's using the wrong chronology which pushes events back some 54 years earlier than when they occurred, he makes even more presumptions. But he has too because the archaeology doesn't fit the 925BCE date! For instance, he claims Israel was not developed at the time and it was just a lot of rural cities. So the question arises, why is Shishak so concerned with conquering all these rural cities and why would he brag about it if these cities were of little account? So Finkelstein, lost to explain it, decides that Shishak must have been interested in conquering the area for later development for agricultural means! See how one stubborn error breeds another. So Finkelstein has to contradict the fact that Shishak invaded many great fortified cities. That's right! Because the evidence shows that this event happened so much later than 925BCE, Finkelstein is forced to abandon the idea (in spite of the evidence presented that link this invasion with Shishak) that Shishak actually did this invasion and claims it must have been done by Hazeal much later, dating that event enough after the battle of Shishak in 853BCE that it makes sense. But when he does that, the RC14 peak dating is abandoned as well! So while he bashes the Bible for being inaccurate using the RC14 dating and claims at this point this proves Sishak's invasion was much later, he abandons this evidence linking Shishak with this invasion entirely, since it doesn't work out with the dating for the Assyrian Period. So he flip-flops. But at this point he is (1) ignoring the archaeological evidence from pottery linking this destruction to Shishak that he claims earlier, (2) He ignores the apparent advanced state of Israel as evidenced by Shishak's inscription that he attacked a highly developed region, and (3) He abandons the specific RC14 dating pointing to an event around 871BCE, which because it doesn't fit the fixed Assyrian chronology, forces him to presume this couldn't have been Shishak at all, but must have Hazael. All that proves that the RC14 dating effectively contradicts the Assyrian chronology, so much so, he has to abandon it. But for Biblicalists like myself who have done the research and know 82 years of fake Persian history was added and thus the timeline is inflated, we just laugh at the archaeologists trying to figure it out wondering when they are going to figure out that the only problem here is the timeline. Move Solomon down 54 years and suddenly the archaeology fits the history perfectly. But persons like yourself, who generally believe some of the Bible's history isn't true, simply because it may be hard to believe, like the miracles that happen, or even that there's a real God, will read Finkelstein and think there is more verification that the Bible is not a true book of history or has been revised and until you really see what the other side says, that becomes a reality for you, but an inaccurate one. But Biblicalists like Finkelstein because he links the destruction of Rehov IV so effectively with the Shishak level of destruction of the palaces at Megiddo and Jezreel, thus there is no argument about that when we use 871BCE from the RC14 to date that event per the Bible to 871BCE. Thus I cannot emphasize enough that Finkelstein's entire argument has little to do with the archaeological facts or the Bible's true timeline, but with the distorted timeline from the Assyrian Period. Once that changes or historians finally discover they can't cover up the Greek Period revisions any more and the history is corrected, then Finkelstein's theories about Biblical revisionism will be nothing, completely fantasy, since the archaeology and history of the Bible will then be completely and perfectly coordinated. Things like this happen with the major events people think are not accurate in the Bible, like even the Exodus, which if you have the right chronology, gets verified quite effectively. So combined with those scholars who distort the chronology or avoid evidence supporting the Bible, many think there is lots and lots of history in the Bible that doesn't work but it's just not true. The Bible may contradict secular records that are suspected of revision, but in the case of the archaeology from the time of the Exodus all the way down to Shishak's invasion, which is dated archaeologically including using RC14 dating, there is perfect harmony. So I speak out against Finkelstein and others who distort the situation and who play both sides of the fence, using evidence to bash the Bible on one hand, then ignoring that same evidence to make it seem that the Assyrian timeline is archaeologically coordinated with the facts, when it is not. If there is any other major historical event that you think has absolutely been proven to be false in the Bible, something we can actually make comparisons with, then let me know. The co-rulerships during the Divided kingdom, I must say, is a large part of the problem and do make a difference in coordinating the facts. So try me! Give me a couple of events that the scholars are saying don't match the facts and we'll see if my research has a different angle on it. You may still choose not to believe the Bible, but at least you would have kept an open mind and heard both sides of the story. It would be a shame to make such a drastic presumption and turn out to be wrong, would it not? JCanon

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

Jcanon,

Just so you don't need to use my ridiculous screen name...my name is Steve

OK first things first. It is not a question of what i believe, if there is no evidence, then why are you believing it.

Well for starters you mention God, my question is which God and why is any more valid than the other, to imply the Christian God is valid, their is no evidence other than the bible to correspond the God in the bible as the alleged creator of our World.

OK lets hit the very beginning Gen 1& 2 , the evidence shows the contrary to the statement made about man origins. To allow this to happen you need to invoke a miracle about God allow incest to allow the humans populate the earth, which is odd way to go about things. So he break one of his own laws to accomplish his purpose, or you need to accept that incest is OK is god says it is, and if that the case Morality is an illusion.

Then you have the Noah flood, and the issue at hand here is than the human population restarted again after the flood in the area where the ark landed, this would show up in our DNA trail, but it simple doesn't exist. That a again leaving ALL the other evidence of the flood itself never happening on a world wide scale.

regards

steve

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

drew sagan....I've scanned these for you, so you can see that it is a good value.

• slimboyfat
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks, slim, weird that the UK Amazon site gives the revised book its 1998 title rather than the current one.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thanks for the scans Leolaia, quite helpful.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Hi Steve. You bring up some interesting perspective!

Jcanon,

OK first things first. It is not a question of what i believe, if there is no evidence, then why are you believing it.

I don't understand precisely. But some things are to be believed in by faith. I was raised a JW and never questioned the Bible but then when I pursued to analyze everything with what we can as far as the facts and science, I became more of a believer.

Well for starters you mention God, my question is which God and why is any more valid than the other, to imply the Christian God is valid, their is no evidence other than the bible to correspond the God in the bible as the alleged creator of our World.

That is certainly a fair question. Many of us a raised believing what the Bible says. But it's a moot question now because I've actually had an experience where I spoke with God personally, so I'm sort of out of that loop. That is, the God I met and spoke with was the same God of the Jewish Bible. So that's why that is not an issue for ME, but I think it's a valid question for others. But certain evidence suggests that God at one time had challenged some of the others gods; Baal at one time and the gods of Egypt at another. When he challenged the gods of Egypt at the time of the Exodus with the Ten Plagues, the next king, Akhenaten, converted to monotheism. So, testing what the other gods can do or are saying in comparison to YHWH is also something that makes him stand out to me. Even the Bible (I'm a Biblicalist) itself is an amazing book. As you know, I consider it to be more reliable history than the secular records, though there is far more compatibility than the archaeologists allow because they don't pay close enough attention to the details.

OK lets hit the very beginning Gen 1& 2 , the evidence shows the contrary to the statement made about man origins. To allow this to happen you need to invoke a miracle about God allow incest to allow the humans populate the earth, which is odd way to go about things. So he break one of his own laws to accomplish his purpose, or you need to accept that incest is OK is god says it is, and if that the case Morality is an illusion.

Well, that's an old issue and rather academic. Eve was made from Adam's rib, so I would say she was a bit closer than a sister. I don't know all the DNA rules, but esoterically, Adam carried the dominant genes we find in all the different "races" today and eve the recessive ones. Adam came from the earth, the rich dark soil, so he would have been dark with Asiatic features. Eve would have been fair, blond, blue-eyed. All the varieties of mankind fall within those two extremes. Even when Adam said, "You will become the mother of everyone living" seems to be something a black man would say to a white woman, because so many of her children would not be white. As far as the laws of incest go, those laws were not put into place until much later. Plus it has been suggested, so close to perfection at first that the genetic anomalies were not an issue early on as they were later. But from your perspective, this would also be academic, that is, the laws against marrying a sister had not been in place at the time.

Then you have the Noah flood, and the issue at hand here is than the human population restarted again after the flood in the area where the ark landed, this would show up in our DNA trail, but it simple doesn't exist. That a again leaving ALL the other evidence of the flood itself never happening on a world wide scale.

regards

steve

I'm not sure what persepctive you are claiming about the DNA, not that medicine knows everything about the early DNA during the time of Noah. I think it is possible for some strands of DNA to be "breeded out" as well, so that it does not show up. If you have a specific article that discusses this that you base this on, I'd be happy to read more on this. Otherwise, I have no real explanation but wouldn't consider it proof either. I mean, after all, the entire human family is the same, everyone is genetically compatible with everybody else, no matter what race. The human family is one, suggesting regardless of some isolated DNA in some groups that there was a common origin.

Thanks for sharing more of your perspective. But actually there are some questions that cannot be answered I don't think at this point. But remember that there were a lot of doubters at the time of the Flood. And reasonable doubters too, after all, it had never rained before and certainly not so much to flood the entire earth. Can you imagine Noah telling them the waters will go so high it will cover the tops of the mountains in case you were able to climb to the top to avoid the water? But when it did begin to rain they all then believed it. Now, those of us with personal experiences with God or who are of the "anointed" who have had the "sign of the son of man" for instance, personally appear to them, we are not in doubt that the God of the Bible is the real, only true God. So that's sort of a blessing. Our faith that it was true became fulfilled with the modern fulfillment of everything the Bible said would happen.

And Jehovah for our sakes and I suppose for even the sake of those who are still doubtful provided the sign for us. When you see the sign, it's amazing because it allows you to explain the scriptures. For instance, you might ask why do those who see the sign "beat themselves in lamentation" as if mourning over someone dead. Then you understand because the sign is of the sleeping dead child. So those kinds of things, for those who accept it and which fits into their belief system, have added reason to have faith in this particular god and that even there is a god and that the Bible does turn out to be his book and a book of truth; though there are many hidden things in the Bible and it remains a closed book of understanding from some. So it's kind of different for an insider than an outsider. It's like if you saw an angel and someone else told you they saw one and described the same angel, you're prone to believe them. Otherwise, you'd presume they were crazy likely. That is, until the angel appeared to you. So there is no middle ground. Those who see miracles and angels, etc. and those who don't. Those who do would like to share that with those who don't but there is no way possible. There is a chasm between the two worlds... " 26 And besides all these things, a great chasm has been fixed between us and YOU people, so that those wanting to go over from here to YOU people cannot, neither may people cross over from there to us.’ (Luke 16:26).

Thanks, again, for sharing your views.

JCanon

Sign of the son of man. which appeared in 1998, proves the god of the Bible is real for those who understand the sign and accept that it is actually from God himself: http://www.geocities.com/siaxares/clouddove.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit