I Wouldn't Be Here Today If.........

by smellsgood 7 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

My Dad had been a Jehovah's Witness.

He was in his early twenties when after zooming along on his dirtbike and running a stop sign, he collided with a vehicle, went sailing through the air and received life threatening injuries. He was in Rathdrum, Idaho, and as far as I've heard it told, he stopped breathing for quite a long time. He really miraculously survived after being rushed to the hospital, having emergency surgery where his Aortic valve actually had to be REPLACED with a n artificial one made from DACRON (http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/society/A0814472.html)

Of course he needed blood! As I was reading about R.F.'s Mum it made me remember that, how I wouldn't even be here, and my Dad would have been dead long ago if he had been a Witness. He bears the scar to this day, a scar that reaches around from his mid-torso around to his spine.

Not only would my Dad be dead, but my Grandmother would have been dead YEARS ago, she has terrible heart problems, and just had another surgery last week. This didn't seem possible last year, I don't know exactly what happened. She has high blood pressure that won't quit, diabetes that exascerbates that, and many many stents, and requires alot of medicine and visits to her Doctor.

Neither of them have contracted diseases, luckily.

Nothing gets my blood boiling like the idiocy of the WT blood policy. It's so heinous and moronic it makes me want to bludgeon the GB.

• freeme
    freeme

hey smells good :)

moving story. so good your dad and grandmother are still with us. the blood policy is not alone scripturally wrong but also heartless and cruel. and that in the middle of "gods people". yeah, of course... my dad nearly died because of that policy. he had a lot of luck to make it (blood cancer). of course the fact that he survived even though the doctors gave him lil' chances is proof how jehovah blessed his firm stand on blood. *puke*

ps.: gwen is hot! :)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Theri blood policy is downright sinister.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the blood policy is just strange - they make JWs follow one ancient Jewish dietary law, but not the rest of them - if we can't "eat" blood in any form (except fractions) then why not follow the other dietary laws? Just weird crap floating around in the senile brains of the GB.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey, life is short even if you make it to 100.

Obedience to Jehober Watchtower is all that REALLY matters.

*Open Mind runs for the door, covering back of his head*

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings smellsgood,

And I wouldn't be here if an old friend of mine (who posts here occasionaly) hadn't opened the door when they came knocking. Wait til I get my hands on him.

Dismembered

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

"my dad nearly died because of that policy. he had a lot of luck to make it (blood cancer). of course the fact that he survived even though the doctors gave him lil' chances is proof how jehovah blessed his firm stand on blood."

Wow, that is amazing! I'm glad your dad is still around! For a time I forgot how many illnesses required the use of blood. I wasn't thinking of heart patients, cancer patients and the like. After I remembered that, it made the picture of the WT twisted policy that much more horrible. There really is so many that need blood.

About your Dad and blood cancer though, I just learned from MY Dad that his former bosses wife has blood cancer. She's in Seattle receiving care right now. I don't know much about it. Does it spread easily? Is it actually like cancer of the individual red or white blood cells? That seems like a horrible cancer to have, you can't really have a portion of your circulatory system removed.

She's probably getting transfusions if they are necessary.

The blood policy is barbaric. You're right, it certainly doesn't fit with scripture which they pretend they revere.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Dismembered, lol! I hope your roommate has received the proper scorn for such disgraceful behaviour. Did he become a Witless too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit