Typical Jdub Mindset

by BoozeRunner 5 Replies latest jw friends

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

In an ongoing e-mail convo about the WBTS, here is the latest response I got.

E-mail message

Date: Tue, Oct 16, 2001, 11:20pm (EDT-3)
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: Re:

WHERE ELSE IS THERE TO GO? JEHOVAH ONLY WORKS THROUGH ONE ORGANIZATION WE HAVE THE SAYINGS OF LIFE.

This goes hand in hand with the revamped baptismal question of 1985, that is, placing themselves in a position of godship.

Jesus apostles said that HE(Christ) had the sayings of everlasting life, not some organization.

Boozy

• chester
    chester

Boozy,

JEHOVAH ONLY WORKS THROUGH ONE ORGANIZATION

That is what my wife tells me all the time and she challenges me to show her from the bible where it is not the present day Jehovah's Witnesses.

Can anyone help me?

Chester

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

This is a tough one because whenever you point to an individual (or group of individuals), the JW calls it an organization. Example, Noah. Noah should be a prime example of God working through an individual, not an "organization", yet the JW will tell you Noah and his family were an organization. In fact, they often use this as proof of God working through an organization.

Some points I've tried to make on this issue with dubs in the past:

Paul is explicit that he did not answer nor report to any so-called "first century governing body":

Gal 1:15-20

But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus. Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles--only James, the Lord's brother. I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

Gal 2:1-6

Fourteen years later I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. I went in response to a revelation and set before them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. But I did this privately to those who seemed to be leaders, for fear that I was running or had run my race in vain. Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. [This matter arose] because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might remain with you. As for those who seemed to be important--whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance--those men added nothing to my message.

Also, ask the jw which organization God was working through when David left the nation of Israel to live in an enemy nation. Or when Joseph was in Egypt.

Here's a link to a great article by Tom Cabeen, titled 'Does God Work Through an Organization': http://www.caic.org.au/jws/organization/godorg1.htm

TS,

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

"I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was."

I never noticed this verse before. The verse that I saw that first made me realize that God didn't work through an arganization is 1st John 2:27 "But the anointion which you received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that any-one teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him."

All the years I have wasted looking for the "True religion". There no true religion. It is a pesonal thing between God and man. If anyone trys to tell you different............Run!
    edited again for poor spelling.

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Jehovah_God
    Jehovah_God

I don't like organizations that much..the previous race of sentient beings I created before puny humans was so organization-dependent that when a giant meteor was headed to their planet they immidietley formed a commitee to discuss it within a branched managerial/heirachy system of individuals, all of which needed approval to proceed from higher ups etc etc. By the time they decided collectivley as a group that they needed to do something they were space dust and ions. Let's hope you guys don't end up like them.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: WHERE ELSE IS THERE TO GO?

McDonalds. They actually GIVE you something for your money, and they don't waste your time, let alone your entire life. McDonalds has NEVER ruined zillions of families and caused thousands to die over forbidding blood and a host of other regulations. One must merely pay for their food, and even the penalty for not doing that is really minor. Their french fries are pretty good, too.

: JEHOVAH ONLY WORKS THROUGH ONE ORGANIZATION

Where in the Bible does it say this?

: WE HAVE THE SAYINGS OF LIFE.

Oh, it's NOT in the Bible: it's in the Watchtower Magazine. Who wrote the Watchtower Magazine? The ones who say only THEY have sayings of "everlasting life." The vast majority of leaders and their toadies who've promised that are all DEAD, by the way. So are most of their followers.

Harrumph! What horseshit! Every FACT has proven those assertions to be patently false.

They sell HOPE, pure and simple. That and a cup of coffee will get your nowhere. Take the coffee, though. Coffee is not a bad deal, either.

Farkel
    Marginally-On-Line class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit