Friend has question, please help

by thepackage 8 Replies latest jw friends

• thepackage
    thepackage

Took the day off of work and hanging out with my buddy. He grew up a JW but is on the fence right now. He has not gone to meetings in 10 years and this is the first time he's seen this site. He'd like to no information why only 144,000 go to heaven. Please submit resource to help me explain this false teaching. Thanks

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The easiest answer I can tell you, Is the Witnoids believe in a book of myths and faery tales and there is a story about 144,000 gwine up to heaven in their story book. And so they think that story is about some of them. It's a good thing they didnt read the Hobbit.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

The great crowd will also be in heaven. Rev 19:1

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Tell him that things are much better if he searches around himself, but I found the two sites most
    helpful (besides JWD) to be freeminds.org and jwfacts.com.

I am sure that will get him started.

• garybuss
    garybuss

"why only 144,000"?

What difference does it make what fantasy numbers the Witnesses teach? They could say 144 or 500 million and nothing would be different. The point of interest for me is that there is absolutely no objective proof that there is any consciousness at all . . . for even one person after death.

Instead of debating how many angels could dance on the head of a pin, I decided to look at the group's practices and policies. Those can be objectively observed, measured, and evaluated.

This group measures down to a high control group by analysis of practices.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

God only has a house big enough for 144,000 in heaven Oh man I sound like my parents now!!!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I just happened to have Six Screens open from my post on that other thread about crosses, so I looked and sure enough, Six Screens has one about the 144,000 too.

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/1144000andmemorial.html

Might be instructive to let your friend wander the six screens site a bit, it really is awesome.

Geez, now I'm doing WTW's job for him, lol!

Best wishes to your friend, it really isn't so scary out here in non-dubland.

Roller (of the 'with all due respect to WTW' sheep class)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Tell you friend that it's just a JW fairtale, one of many I might add. He should not worry about those fairtales and enjoy his life, because life is short and none of us are guaranteed another day we have no idea what come after death!

nj

• Undecided
    Undecided

Why would God need 144,000 to rule the earth when 12 men in Brooklyn do it now. Why is the number 144,000 literal when all the other parts of that scripture is symbolic?

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit