Did any of you have a microphone fear/phobia?

by eclipse 14 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

Isn't that funny, Monophonic?

yet, i can't cross a bridge or go under a tunnel or fly w/o having panic attacks.

I can do alot of things that are daring, crazy, death-defying even,

but when it comes to giving a speach in public, I become a puddle of trembling goo. I am glad I don't ever have to for the rest of my life!

The fear felt when speaking into the mic at the kingdomhell was tangible....I could taste it, feel it, touch it, hear it....It drove me into panic attacks....yet I made myself do it, which never helped....

(every other fear I have faced have mostly been conquered) but I still have this stupid fear to this day.

• Namaste
    Namaste

Yes, complete fear of them! I would sit there for several paragraphs beforehand just dreading the time that I had raise my hand, hoping they wouldn't call on me. Bookstudy I usually didn't have a problem with. Talks in the back rooms were "okay" but put me on the stage with the mic and I was Miss Shaky Voice for the next 5 minutes. I thought the "theocratic ministry school" was supposed to help prepare us for speaking in public. All it did was make me worse because I was always expecting a critique when I was done with any public speaking.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Nope. Didn't have a fear of the microphone ... I simply didn't like commenting. Heck I wouldn't even comment when there was no microphone involved (at the book study).

Ditto. My mother hated that I wouldn't comment. Oops there went my chance of landing a spiritual brother. Darn it!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think your fear of the microphone may have Freudian undertones eclipse.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Absolutely. I hate speaking in front of others. They always tell you that you'll get used to it. Never did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit