Did any of you have a microphone fear/phobia?

by eclipse 14 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

I did. I hated commenting because of it...I hated giving talks on the main school,

I hated hearing my own voice...,my voice always sounded like I was scared shitless lol.

Anyone else? Or am I the only one?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

ummm. post viewed 13 times ... yep, you are the only one clipsy

• horrible life
    horrible life

I hated it because it smelled really bad.

• eclipse
    eclipse

HL, ewwwwwww lol

wac, I figured....I guess I'm a freak

• karvel
    karvel

not when i believed in the crap. i was very confident back then. now as an 'apostate' i get all nervous and feel like the biggest liar when commenting and giving talks.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Nope. Didn't have a fear of the microphone ... I simply didn't like commenting. Heck I wouldn't even comment when there was no microphone involved (at the book study). As for giving talks, those were the worst 5 minutes of my life!

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

YES! I never commented at the watchtower study or kingdom ministry. I refused to join the ministry school too. Much to shy...

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

While still inside I've had a mate there who when having a part on school wouldn't eat a whole day so by the time he went up on the stage was already half knocked down and dizzy. He did it so he couldn't think of his fear. I used to tell him a bottle of wine could have done just a good a job but for some reason he never listened. hmmmm.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i wish i had a microphone phobia, but i can get up in front of a crowd of people and speak about anything, do standup comedy, etc.

yet, i can't cross a bridge or go under a tunnel or fly w/o having panic attacks.

i'd trade in the microphone phobia in a second.

it's so funny that people fear public speaking more than death....i wish i could trade up.

• free2think
    free2think

You're not a freak eclipse.

I didn't have a phobia as such but i was always scared that when i answered up the mic would go off, and i wondered if i'd notice or just keep talking completely oblivious that no one could hear me.

I do have a funny story about being on the platform doing a wacktower and awake presentation. I was talking away doing my presentation, and i could feel something happening to the mic but i couldnt work out what was happening. Then suddenly the bottom of the mic fell off. It was loose from an earlier talk and finally came away completely for me. So embarressing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit