Looking for recipe- Spinach/Artichoke Dip (Like Lone Star SteakHouse)

by whyizit 7 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

Does anyone have a good copy-cat recipe that is similar to Lone Star Steak House's Spinach -Artichoke Dip?

Would love to make some this weekend!

• MadTiger
  • Stephanus
    Stephanus

Interesting recipe. We used to have a Lonestar near here, but it closed down; I don't think the chain went too well here in Oz. So I don't know what the dip should taste like. But, when I saw the question, my immediate thought was that such a dip would be made using a tin of spinach, a tin of artichoke hearts, some sour cream and a few flavouring items. Not bad for a guess!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Here's one from The Food Network. I think I would use canned artichokes, but the frozen ones might be good. Just never seen them.

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
    Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
    Show: Good Eats
    Episode: Dip Madness
    1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
    11/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
    6 ounces cream cheese
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Discard liquid. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Stir in rest of ingredients and serve hot.

• Mulan
    Mulan

This one says it's like Lonestar's recipe:

2 cloves garlic - minced
    2 Tbls. minced onion
    1/4 cup real butter
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups heavy cream
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    2/3 cup fresh-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
    2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
    1/2 tsp. hot sauce
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 cup sour cream
    (2) 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach - thawed, squeezed dry through a fine sieve
    12 oz. jar artichoke hearts - drained, coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese

-In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in butter until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes.
    -Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
    -Slowly whisk in cream and broth and continue cooking until boiling.
    -Once boiling, stir in Romano, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt; stir until cheese has melted; remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
    -Stir sour cream into pan, then fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts.
    -Fold the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving-size dishes.
    -Sprinkle cheddar evenly over top(s).
    -At this point, the dip can be refrigerated until ready to serve, if desired.
    -Microwave dip on 50% power just until cheese has melted.

Notes: Serve with tortilla chips for dipping and sour cream and salsa.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Another hint: The Lonestar menu mentions jalapeno peppers......could make all the difference.....

• whyizit
    whyizit

Thanks everybody!

I'm going to give it a go this weekend and try to find the one that is the closest. My whole family just loves that stuff!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Another hint: The Lonestar menu mentions jalapeno peppers......could make all the difference..... No doubt about it. If you substitute the jalapeno peppers for the artichokes it will definitely make a difference. Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit