Yellowstone National Park

by free2beme 3 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Just got back last night from a week long road trip to Yellowstone. We took our Motor home and drove to the park and stayed at Yellowstone Lake. It was a lot of fun, and the place is beautiful. Last time I was there, was in 1986, just before the fire that burnt down most of it. The trees have regrown well, just not as tall as I remembered. We saw buffalo, elk, wolves, bears and deer. Seems like the animals are very used too having their pictures taken, as they just stand there and take it. If your traveling there, or thinking about going there, I would offer one bit of advice. Stay away from Mammoth Hot Springs (Which is in the north) as they no longer run and are just dried out rocks. The Grand Loop Road, which goes from the West Yellowstone cut off and around to the lake and Old Faithful, is all you need to hit. Just make sure you do the Yellowstone Grand Canyon run at Canyon village, to make sure you see some of the most amazing scenery. We also hit Cody Wyoming and the Grand Tetons to Jackson Wyoming. Just some amazing country. Anyone else planning to visit this place over the summer? It is well worth it.

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

Thank you for sharing this I am thinking of going to Yellowstone later this year. Have never been there but have read every book and watched every show that talked about it.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Haven't been there in years. I would love to go back. Going to Colorado Springs in a few weeks, about as close as I will get for awhile.

For anyone needing a vacation, Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons are beautiful and majestic. Well worth a trip of a lifetime.

• Purza
    Purza

I went three years ago around this time of the year. It was beautiful. Last time we did some tent camping -- next time I want a motorhome.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit