UN NGO...? for hawkaw

by Marvin Shilmer 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi, Hawkaw

I have a question for you. In all your discussions with the UN’s NGO chief, was there any talk about membership fees or dues required from NGOs? If you do not have sure knowledge of this I would suggest finding out.

It is one thing to be accepted upon application, but providing funding by way of membership fees or dues is an additional layer of association through support, financial support. And we all know how the WTS views financial association and support of objects of worship.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Damn, that's brilliant.

Path

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Marvin,
    Great question!
    Can't wait to find out the answer.
    Ranchette

• Tina
    Tina

Excellent question marvin!
    Never thought of that regading this issue. Thank you!! hugs,Tina

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

• Lefty
    Lefty

:but providing funding by way of membership fees or dues is an additional layer of association through support, financial support.

i don't think that would necessarily be true. witnesses who are members of labor unions pay membership dues (for the benefits they receive), but even so do not consider themselves to be rendering SUPPORT to their union.-lefty

• Kent
    Kent

IF the Watchtower has payed anything at all, including the help they have given to Africa - it's stricktly against their own charter!

No money what so ever should go to anything but the main purpose - spreading the teachings and views of the JWs!

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It depends on the charter. I was told that the German Branch don't give any humanitarian aid because for some reason I don't know they would have to help anyone regardless of their religion. So, they could not say: we send this to JW in this country and maybe a few JW neighbors.

Humanitarian aid is usually given privatly. In the seldom instances the WTS organizes something in Europe I know that the French branch is responsible.

• Gozz
    Gozz

...Everything goes into the preaching worka nd some other things, like bloodless research...I wonder how many Witnesses know money is being spent on medical research.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Gozz, I'd be grateful if they were spending money on bloodless research. However I suspect it is more likely spent on one-sided propaganda to make their interpretation of scripture less harmful to their members (or maybe less harmful to their public image?).

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Don't know - I will find out Monday.

I can confirm the DPI did not give any money to the WTS

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit