My Dad is in the hospital and...

by tnangel73 7 Replies latest jw friends

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

My Dad is 81 years old. His heart rate was up pretty high today. And he was hyperventilating, not getting enough oxygen.I'll be at the hospital tomorrow and I know that a lot of dubbies will come to see him. Here I sit worried about my Dad, and I am also, a little bit worried about the dubs. I was baptized and am now df'd. My brother and sister never took the plunge. They'll talk to them. They'll be a bit more affable with me. Some dubs will talk to me but it will always lead back to an invite to a meeting or something about praying to Jehovah. I just sit there with a fake smile (like them, haha) and don't say much, and think why can't they just shun me like they always did everyone else?? Ugh.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

tnangel,

I feel for you, this is hard I know.

My father was in and out of the hospital for heart attacks and emphysema for years before he died.

You just be there for your dad, and to hell with the dubs.

If they try to invite/convert you, how about trying 'now is not the time for that'

"Id rather not discuss religion at a time like this" is nice, but you might have to have a follow up in the form of, "well, we'll have to agree to disagree then."

Could your worldly sibs run interference for you with the dubs?

"oh, she is respecting your wishes by having us talk to you"

So, sympathy for you and your dad, don't take no crap from the tower, and have hear and check back, will you?

Roller

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

maybe it won't be that bad - when my mother was in the hospital the JWs were pleasant to me and my sisters and no one tried to push any JW agenda. I hope the same for you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear about your father's health problems, but I am surprised that the dubs will talk to you I suppose you just faded away and didn't get DFed or DAed. You just have to ignore them what else can you do. They believe they are trying to help you being under the influence of the FDS propaganda.

• PEC
    PEC

If they start preaching at you, tell them that he is your father and that they should go the f away. There is no reason you should have to take their shit at this time. Do not just seat there and take it, don't let them disrespect you and your father at his time of need.

Philip

• free2think
    free2think

Tnangel I'm really sorry about your dad's health problems.

I hope the dubs arent too annonying and leave you alone.

hugs

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Thank you everyone. I am about to leave to go over there. Greendawn --- No, I am DF'd. I thought I had faded away but I got pregnant a couple of years ago. I wasn't married. I hadn't gone to any meetings but the Memorials in seven or so years. But since I had gone to those stupid Memorials every year, they df'd me because I still had association with dubs. I never went to one JC. I think a lot of them didn't agree with that decision and that's why they still talk to me. No one in my extended family has ever shunned me.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Sorry to hear about your dad tnangel73.

Focus on him and to hell with the dubs (as already posted by RollerDave)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit