Ever read anything by Lee Strobel?

by 38 Years 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I read "The Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel. Have any of you read it or any of his other books? What did you think

Thanks, 38 Years

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've read one of his books. It was rather simplistic in some of it's assumptions and conclusions. Throughout the book he references many other authors whose books tend to be a bit more on the scholarly level.

If your looking for entry level apologetics then it might be the book for you.

• RHodge6685
    RHodge6685

I've read the Case for Faith, and the Case for a Creator. I thought the Creator one was great...I really got into it. He interviewed a lot of scientists for it who explained some complicated things in ways I could understand (for the most part!). I finished that book believing that the universe had to be created. I also own the Case for Christ, and am going to be reading it after I finish the book I'm reading now.

I highly recommend Lee Strobel as an author.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Thanks Drew and RH!

38 Years

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Never read any as I'm studying - but do sell quite a few, especially Case for Christ. I do have the 'visual' edition of Case for Faith which makes a good meditative/prayer aid. It's based on the Scripture verse 'He is not far from any one of us'. Lots of pictures and few words.

Lee Strobel started out as an atheist and taking his investigative journalist approach, set out to disprove Christianity God - much like C.S. Lewis did. His books are written with that investigative approach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit