Greed and fear

by Axeman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Axeman
    Axeman

It has been said that the stockmarket runs on greed and fear What about the WT I have known some JW to pick out a neighbours house and say I'll have that one after The big A Obey and you get good health and untold material wealth Dont obey and you lose the lot

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You dont get it in this lifetime and you dont get any proof that there is another life time either. With all of the erroneous information the tower gives if they told me the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I'd have to go out and check.

• still wondering
    still wondering

Yes, absolutely. The WTS are masters at deception and manipulation. What more powerful tools could they use than the most base of human emotions FEAR and GREED? Any scheme (factual or fanciful) always has and always will pull in vast numbers of enthusiastic followers when appealing to such human foibles.

You might be interested in what I wrote in a previous post;

"Its appeal is to the very worst of human failings namely, FEAR and GREED.

Its sales pitch appeals to a desire of something for nothing.

"WHAT, LIVE FOREVER WITH EVERYTHING I’D EVER WANTED? ALL I NEED DO IS GO TO A FEW MEETING EVERY WEEK AND SPREAD THE WORD. I’VE TRIED A FEW NETWORK MARKETING SCAMS BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. SIGN ME UP"

Over time you begin to realize that you been lied to and deceived, hook, line and sinker. But what keeps you perpetrating the deception? FEAR. Fear of losing the very things that GREED got you to believing in the first place, just in case by the remotest chance it might be true and you lose it all at the last moment.

Also FEAR of losing the huge investment that you’ve made in this business over many years. An investment that has never paid out and never will because it’s based on lies, deception and dishonesty of the worst kind. It pays absolutely no regard to the damage it does to its followers or the number of those that suffer severe consequences for supporting it all their life.

We were just "gun-fodder", expendable resources in their pursuit of DOLLARS."

• still wondering
    still wondering

I believe Pastor Russell does not get the full credit he deserves for being probably the shrewdest businessman in recent history.

He devised the first and best Multi Level Marketing system (aka pyramid system) that there can ever be. That is where the originators and others at the top get ALL the proceeds, everyone else gets NOTHING.

Clearly the time he spent gazing at the pyramids paid off in spades. (Him at the apex supported by everyone else)

Judge Rutherford, rather than taking out a Russell/IBS franchise bided his time knowing Russell’s days were numbered and simply took over the operation at his death.

Now he too could enjoy the fruits of Russell’s brainchild. No more financial worries, no healthcare costs, two 16 cylinder Cadillacs for his personal use, a palatial residence (actually there were several) surrounded by the best of everything, to unlimited alcohol. And all this during the depression, at a time in American history when 25% of the workforce was unemployed and many barely lived at subsistence level.

I could have everything I ever wanted if only I had just a tenth of Russell’s acumen. Who needs integrity, honesty and sincerity? If you can fake those you’ll have all you ever need.

I must have gone wrong somewhere!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit