Don't be NEGATIVE

by msil 3 Replies latest jw friends

• msil
    msil

Take a walk through the cemetery and while you are there look at all the gravestones.

On each gravestone you will see engraved the name of the deceased person. In most cases underneath the name will be a birth date and date of death. For example: John Doe, 4 May 1957 - 21 October 2000.

Then there will be some short inscription. But let's look back at the dates. How do they denote the person's life?

See it? It goes birth date then "-" and then death date. Yes, every persons life is denoted by a minus sign!!

So next time some one says "don't be negative" you can smile and rest assured that you are living your life as it will be denoted on your grave stone.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Are you trying to originate thought or something?!*

You must be the evil eye, and red-necked from the chin down.

Crap: A word use by those with the manners of a yard dog.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll be sure to note in my will to make it a plus sign, or better yet multiplication, division sign or square root, i, or the equivalent in American Sign Language with some other interesting inscription...

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Tommy P....without euphamisms (spelling?) where would we all be. Pure in thought? Perhaps, but when I stub my toe and yell crap, or some other colorful variation, my soul is lifted....j/k....not trying to offend you.....just want you to have a joke or two tom...seems like you've had a rough time of it....well, this may please you.

There's nothing like reading something beautiful from another man of God...sooo....try reading Rainer Maria Rilke....he was very in touch with God spiritually.....an example:

Extinguish my eyes, I'll go on seeing you
    Seal my ears, I'll go on hearing you
    and without feet I can make my way to you
    without a mouth I can swear your name.

Break off my arms, I'll take hold of you
    with my heart as with a hand.
    Stop my heart, and my brain will start to beat
    and if you consume my brain with fire
    I'll feel you burn in every drop of my blood.

----

he was speaking of God. Try him out. Many of his poems comforted me.

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit