2 Corinthians 13 5&6

by mdb 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mdb
    mdb

Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified. ~2 Cor 13:5,6 Here Paul gives a challenge that we should examine ourselves and make certain of our position in Christ Jesus because it is not something to be taken lightly. If we examine this verse more closely, there is more in it than meets the eye. 1. This passage says that Jesus Christ is in those who believe and the Scriptures also say it is the Holy Spirit and God Himself that dwells in the heart of the believer. This says something very significant about the person of the Christ and God. 2. If Jesus Christ dwells in all believers and an angel (Michael, Gabriel or any other) or a man cannot be in more than one place at any given time, that says something about the nature of Christ (omnipresent). 3. If all believers are to examine themselves as to whether they are in the faith; as to whether Jesus dwells in them, then the indwelling of the Spirit of God is not excluded from all those which may not be of a particular anointed group or flock of believers. We are all one flock if we believe in Jesus Christ and have the Holy Spirit indwelling. If we do not have that indwelling Spirit, we are not of the fold of God and are considered disqualified or rather, being lost in our sins, still condemned. SORRY THIS IS MASHED TOGETHER. I CANNOT SEEM TO FORMAT MY PARAGRAPHS CORRECTLY!! I PRESS ENTER, IT LOOKS GOOD, THEN I POST AND IT'S LIKE THIS.... Aaaargh.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'll reformat this so it doesnt look like one long scripture:

Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified. ~2 Cor 13:5,6 Here Paul gives a challenge that we should examine ourselves and make certain of our position in Christ Jesus because it is not something to be taken lightly. If we examine this verse more closely, there is more in it than meets the eye. 1. This passage says that Jesus Christ is in those who believe and the Scriptures also say it is the Holy Spirit and God Himself that dwells in the heart of the believer. This says something very significant about the person of the Christ and God. 2. If Jesus Christ dwells in all believers and an angel (Michael, Gabriel or any other) or a man cannot be in more than one place at any given time, that says something about the nature of Christ (omnipresent). 3. If all believers are to examine themselves as to whether they are in the faith; as to whether Jesus dwells in them, then the indwelling of the Spirit of God is not excluded from all those which may not be of a particular anointed group or flock of believers. We are all one flock if we believe in Jesus Christ and have the Holy Spirit indwelling. If we do not have that indwelling Spirit, we are not of the fold of God and are considered disqualified or rather, being lost in our sins, still condemned.

I wont comment because I am not a believer but I understand your reasoning - though I can see how dubs would use their own to discredit yours - as always.

• bob1999
    bob1999

This is what I don't understand about the WTS teachings.

The Bible clearly says that only the born again will have life. It says that only those in Christ are saved. It says that all who believe are in Christ are saved. I says that there is no condemnation for those in Christ. It says that those who have Christ in them are in Christ.

Even in the WTS own "proof text" where Jesus says "I have other sheep" even if those are really the "Great Crowd", Jesus calls them sheep. That means they are saved. How can they be saved if they are not "in Christ". To be in Christ you have to have Christ in you. But the WTS teaches that only 144000 have the indwelling. Also in that same verse Jesus says that there is one fold, not two.

I don't know why I try to make sense of the lies and false teaching of the WTS.
    They just want to sell books.

BTW if you uncheck the "Check here to use HTML formatting"
    and check the "Automatic Cr/Lf", the formatting will stay just the way you type it.

• Sasha
    Sasha

That's because the Witnesses don't have it right. They have there own interpretation. Took me 40 years to discover that.....And it's a hard habit to break! So please forgive me if I sometimes revert to it!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

How easy it is for a religion to make truth mean whatever the leaders want it to be. This is a great example. The New Testament can be disregarded almost in its entirety by JWs because the Watchtower leaders claim it is not written for any but the Anointed leaders

United in Worship p.111
    “Special attention was being given to making up the government that would rule mankind for 1,000 years, and nearly all the inspired letters in the Christian Greek Scriptures are primarily directed to this group of Kingdom heirs—"the holy ones," "partakers of the heavenly calling.”

Watchtower 1974 June 15 p.376
    “Also, it is to the spirit-anointed Christians who will rule in that kingdom that most of the Christian Greek Scriptures is directed, including the promises of everlasting life.”

Watchtower 2002 February 1 p. 23
    “All of this should impress upon the minds of the other sheep why the Christian Greek Scriptures focus so much attention on Christ and his anointed brothers and their central role in the outworking of Jehovah’s purposes. The other sheep therefore consider it a privilege to support in every way possible the anointed slave class while awaiting “the revealing of the sons of God” at Armageddon and during the Millennium.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit