with the summer DC's coming up, how far do/did you have to travel?

by ?me? 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ?me?
    ?me?

just wondering, i was trying to figure out where the conventions were in the upper northwest of the USA and how far the montana, idaho, dakota witnesses have to travel? it was fun to get away for a weekend when i was a teen, but now as an adult, i would rather go have fun in a cool city. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- for me: first couple of years, drive 2:15 hours to the convention city-------------------------- next 5 years. 30 minutes------------------------------------------- 2 years 2 hour drive----------------------------------------------- last 10 years 7 minute drive me

• R.F.
    R.F.

Not bad for me this year....50 minutes.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Not bad for me either, to the kitchen for a glass of wine then back to the couch to watch movies

Sorry, haven't been to a convention in over 20 years!

nj

• AZ
    AZ

I live in Montana. We had to travel a little over three hours. Our convention was in Billings, which is in the South Eastern part of the state, but I think at one time people that lived in Missoula Montana were assigned to the Billings distrist...that's probably an 8 hour drive...I felt so bad for them. Montana is huge and it takes an act of God to get from one side to the other...

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I have no idea when or how. Last time I went was like 13 years ago.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

We used to have to drive anywhere from 1-2 hours, depending on where it was (Toronto, London, Hamilton). Then it was a half hour drive, then a 10 min drive.

Now, it's a trip to the fridge, the a trip to the back deck!

BB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For me (lately), it is simply a click onto the bookmark on this forum on my computer, and then two or three additional clicks of the button. Perhaps a total of a foot or two of mouse travel. And they don't drone on as long as they used to, either--I can read the posts in maybe five or ten minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit