Follow the Christ????????

by Axeman 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Axeman
    Axeman

Does anyone else find find this title strange "The Christ" Is follow Jesus to churchie for them? They make such a big deal about using God's personal name Jehovah but Jesus he's "The Christ" Probably just me but it sounds weird like follow the title

• Honesty
    Honesty

Actually, it is Scriptural:

Then He said, “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ (anointed ones) and, ‘The time is near.’ Don’t follow them. Luke 21:8

• Axeman
    Axeman
    Actually, it is Scriptural:

Yeh I know Honesty What I am saying is that the invitation seems so impersonal like follow the authority

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the phrase "The Christ" is leftover from an old WTS teaching that "The Christ" was made up of Jesus and the 144,000 and consisted of 144,001 members so that the 144,000 were also "Christ."

So the FDS (faithful and discreet slave) = 144,000 = the GB (governing body) men selected by other 144,000 on earth, per the WTS.

• Axeman
    Axeman
    Actually the phrase "The Christ" is leftover from an old WTS teaching that "The Christ" was made up of Jesus and the 144,000 and consisted of 144,001 members so that the 144,000 were also "Christ."

Thanks Blondie The cunning bast---ds Follow "The Christ"="The GB"

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Acts 4:12

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

And it's not jEHOVAH.

I wonder when you all were active, did this verse mean anything, when the name "jEHOVAH" was so proudly praised throughout the JW world?

The alternate meaning to this verse is "Salvation is not found in the name jEHOVAH". So if I asked a witness if Jehovah is responsible for their salvation, will they give a typical answer like "Jehovah God, makes it possible for salvation through his son Jesus"...., however how can this be if the name Jehovah is not known under heaven by which men are saved in anyway. It says it right in the scripture does it not?

• abbagail
    abbagail

Funny, but that is exactly the title that the occult Theosophists, the New Agers (=offshoot of Theosophy), the Luciferians, the Freemasons, the Gnostics, etc. call THEIR guy: "THE CHRIST." It's a fact. His title is related to the "universal consciousness," a/k/a "THE CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS."

Read more here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/THE_PARADISE_REPORTER/message/4186

And hey, if it smells like a duck...

'We should be particularly wary when someone refers to Jesus Christ as 'the Christ.'"
    --Norman Geisler -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Geisler

/ag

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Axeman,

Welcome to the forum. When I heard the title, I thought the same thing. Seems sort of desperate to me. Like maybe they need to seem as though they are like other religions to get people to listen to them. A sort of "Bait and Switch" technique!! Lure them in, believing the Borg follows Christ, then the reality is " follow the SOCIETY". If they had followed the Christ, the Borg wouldn't be in the mess it's in now!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Open mind
    Open mind

In Australia, in honor of Steve Irwin, the DC's theme is "FOLLOW THE CRIKEY!"

;-)

Open Mind

p.s. I made this crack on another thread, but I'm into recycling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit