Whats the latest list of blood products allowed by JWs?

by Gadget 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gadget
    Gadget

My jw mother got taken into hospital this afternoon, and it looks likely she'll be having surgery soon. Whats the latest list of blood products thats been approved by the wbts for witnesses to take? And more importantly, I need the references to wt publications to be able to back it up.

Thanks, Paul.

• blondie
    blondie

Gadget, wouldn't the HLC provide that to your mother or through a brother representing the HLC in your mother's congregation? What about this website:

www.ajwrb.org

• juni
    juni

(((Paul))) I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

Juni

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sorry to hear about your mother.

The best link I have found detailing the alllowed and disallowed components is at http://www.ajwrb.org/wjm/wjm.htm

The allowed list is also discussed at http://ajwrb.org/science/allowed.shtml

• Gadget
    Gadget

Thanks for the links, I've been reading through them and pasting to a word document to print out.

As of last night nobody in their congregation had been informed that she'd been admitted to hospital, so the hlc aren't involved yet. She might need to go into surgery urgently and so I'm worried the hlc might not be there in time to inform what is now allowable.

She got a cut under her fingernail that got infected but didn't respond to treatment. The infection moved up to her knuckle and so she was refered to the hospital yesterday. The dr there thinks that rather than an infection its because of the blood flow being stopped, basically gangrene. The surgeon is seeing her this morning, but from what I can tell the only treatment available may be amputation. If it travels at the same rate it did yesterday it'll probably be past the thumb and into her hand by the end of today.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    She got a cut under her fingernail that got infected

Hey, from just a small thing , she has all this ......that is terrible!

Sorry to hear bad news Gadget...Hope that she can come through without the worst happening. If you familiarise yourself with the ajwrb site you will know more than most dubs do about this issue.

• KIANAMARIE03
    KIANAMARIE03

If you are a real JW then you can go to the elders and ask them for the info and the suport. They have a commite that has all the latestest info.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    If you are a real JW then you can go to the elders and ask them for the info and the suport. They have a commite that has all the latestest info.

KIANAMARIE03 , I'm guessing that Gadget has wised up and left the cult - or never joined perhaps - it is his mother who is still mind-numbed. But he loves her and wants to do all he can to keep the WTS from killing her with it's policies. Gadget - as far as the refs - you should have them now methinks. Basically - if you break the blood into little sections you can use it - if you don't, you can't. The WTS has a strange understanding of the word 'abstain', huh? Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit