Suffer The Little Children

by mrchuffster 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mrchuffster
    mrchuffster

Hi All,

Does anyone have a link to the BBC Panorama programme "suffer the little children" ? - about child abuse in the organisation. The link on the BBC website does not work and I can't find it on google. My wife hasn't seen it, I want to show it to her. When it was originonaly shown, she didn't watch it because she was told not to, but now she's interested in seeing it.

Ps A link to the CBS programme would be handy too.

Thanks

MR c

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Believe me, there are multiple forms of child abuse going on in that organization. The most high profile is sexual molestation. They then require two witnesses to verify it; failing that, the child is silenced or can get disfellowshipped for slander.

There are many other forms of child abuse within the organization. You may have heard children getting dragged in the back room for the heinous crime of not being able to sit still for 2 hours. They usually get a beating. Wooden spoons are commonly used to administer these beatings. For sure, this is a form of abuse. There are also threats of getting even more when they get home.

The structure of the organization is itself a form of abuse. Taking away free time is abuse. The children are supposed to go directly in service after school, skipping time to complete homework. Then they have to go to the meetings, which usually let out at around 10:00 PM on school nights. (They can run even later than that.) Play time at school is taken away for "bad association". They cannot celebrate holidays or birthdays, and have few or no vacations that mark their time. Life for them is one long blur. Parents that are less strict are looked down on as "weak".

And there are other forms of abuse. Being scared of the demons, getting dragged to meetings or in service while sick, being expected to give a talk that has words they cannot pronounce, and that feeling that they can never do enough are all forms of abuse. None of these ever get documented the way sexual abuse does. And yet they can do even worse damage. Sexual abuse is usually associated with one person. This kind of abuse is associated with a child's whole life structure. And many are killed because they can't get needed blood transfusions, or the organ transplant disaster between 1967 and 1980. I personally would like to see the whole organization as a group charged with each and every count of abuse of this sort. I would also like to see a jury trial of 12 apostates on every single one of those charges: 12 apostates that have been victimized by the organization in other ways. That ought to be the fair way to deal with it.

I hope the documentary can be found. Though it is limited to just the sexual abuse, it's a good start. Every documentary of this kind is an embarrassment to the Watchtower Society, and they need all the exposure they can get for this s*** they pull.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

http://homepage.eircom.net/~derek77/2002.mov

I'm fairly sure that's it, but it's in QuickTime format and I can't view it from here, so it may be something else entirely, or may not work. If it doesn't work and you're really stuck I have it on VHS and I can send you the tape.

• rebel8
    rebel8

/off topic What the heck does that scripture mean anyway? It doesn't make (grammatical) sense.

• Terry
    Terry
    off topic What the heck does that scripture mean anyway? It doesn't make (grammatical) sense.

"Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for such is the kingdom of God."

The use of the word "suffer" is old fashioned. In this instance it means to ALLOW.

The one "suffering" an action receives the action. The action, in this instance, is to "come to me". So, "let the children come to me" is all it is saying.

The fact that the word suffer has drifted into a far different meaning means this scripture is often used with an ironic or malevolent sense to it. This makes it utter nonsense!

But, what could be more commonplace than putting scripture to nonsensical use??

• MidwichCuckoo
  • mrchuffster
    mrchuffster

Thanks Guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit