Forced to watch ad (like you tube does)

by violias 3 Replies latest forum tech-support

• violias
    violias
    I was just reading the forum and an add blocked the entire page and I had to watch it for several seconds before it would let me " continue" to read the forum. Have you added this feature to the forum? I see this a lot on links for articles in journals. They force you to watch an add ( like you tube also) before you get to see the content you want.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Yeah, it happens on my iphone too with apps, news and links. Seems to be the way of the future. Very annoying.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I'll have to check the settings - that sounds like something new. Adsense is not normally that intrusive so it's possible that it's either a rogue advertiser breaking the rules (which Google will boot) or you may have some adware on your machine that would be worth scanning / checking for.
  • violias
    violias
    I have checked the computer with several virus and malware programs and all I can find is Amazon music helper.exe , which is listed as a task/ suspicious pathway. this is with RogueKiller from Bleeping computer. None of my other malware picks it up. I googled it and on Amazon site it is a known processor hog. I deleted it , probably can't download music from amazon without it . I will post again if it happens again. The ad I saw was movie /TV related. It worked just like the ones on you tube.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit