Unevenly yoked - it does work!!!

by quellycatface 5 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Just wanted to share with my friends, old and new, I got married to an "unbeliever" 11 years ago.

At the weekend we had our marriage blessed in our local parish church with a little party after.

My husband ALWAYS supported my religious convictions until I disassociated myself in December 2013.

Don't deprive yourself of love just because of the JW's. Life is too short.

God bless. Xxxx

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congratulations quellycatface to you and your husband!

Were you considered "Spiritually Weak" (still thinking), quellycatface? I use to feel like your husband, but I have changed my mind.

Based on my experiences, I would never consider marrying a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW, much less a "Spiritually Weak" (still thinking) JW. If a person loves an organization more than a potential spouse and will will not critically think for themselves, why marry them? Life is too short and unpredictable to marry someone with lots of emotional baggage.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• out4good4
    out4good4

I remember sitting at an assembly with my wife and listening to a demo about a woman giving her experience about her beginning to fall for a man that was showing her a little attention. I remember her saying that after thinking about it, she came to her senses pretty quick.

I couldn't help thinking, as I was looking at her overweight body, pushing 40 and not particularly attractive character, that she'd better get ready to be alone for the rest of her life if that was to be her attitude.

Even the older single "brotha's" in the halls, from my perception, were waiting for that young tight body sister to graduate.

....and she was far from it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

But if I marry a non-JW, she might want to engage in bedroom activities not approved by WT!

And on the subject of marrying a non-JW, where I live it's now legal for me to marry a dude!

Or, I could marry that JW sister out4good4 described as "overweight body, pushing 40 and not particularly attractive character." Say, would she happen to have an even less desirable, single, older sister that's a dirt-broke pioneer with absolutely no sense of humor?

Decisions, decisions...

• zeb
    zeb
    the strongest metals are alloys..
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Quelly: congratulations. I have a similar experience minus the religious blessing. My hubby is non religious but did not object to my activities as long as a didn't try to convert him.

We agreed that I would take the kid's to meetings and teach them but they would have to decide for themselves.

I was considered "spiritually weak". I was always off and on with meetings and "service". The fear of Armageddon and hope of paradise kept me clinging on.

We have been married for 30 years. Actually I have teased him about being lucky I was a JW & didnt celebrate things, because he wasnt into that stuff any way. LOL

None of my three kids are in.

Miss.Fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit