Can someone answer this for me re Anti D

by fifi40 5 Replies latest jw friends

• fifi40
    fifi40

I have just been reading Minimus thread about Jws tight to practice their religion and there was a lot of talk about blood transfusions.

So something I could never fully understand is the Anti D immunoglobulin injection which is given to Rh Negative mothers during and after pregnancy. I am Rh Neg and I received this after each pregnancy and was led to believe it was a conscience matter, and yet it is made from blood collected by human blood donors............was I wrong to have it (to clarify I was a JW at the time)............was it a matter of conscience....and if so what is the difference between that and a blood transfusion, if they both come from other humans blood.

Fi

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

You were fine in taking in, in God's eyes. In the WT eyes, who knows? Who cares? Russell was the only one who made any sense on the blood issue. Read 04/1906 WT....

• damselfly
    damselfly

Rh immunoglobin ( Anti-D) is a blood product that is produced from the plasma of donors. It is further filtered and screened to finally produce Antibody D. If any of the babies blood gets in to the mom's bloodstream then the anti d will bind to the babies red blood cells and remove them from circulation before mom has a chance to make her own antibodies against those red cells.

Antibodies are really just basically proteins flooding around in the blood stream waiting to do their job. They would only get classified as a blood product because they use the blood as a means of transportation.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

I would imagine that Anti-D is viewed much as other vaccines and immunizations are. Which would be why its/was a conscience matter.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

An addition, remember that every fraction/product the Org has allowed - now or in the past - was derived "from blood collected by human blood donors". There isn't and continues to be no logic to the prohibition nor to the items which are allowed v. those forbidden. If one is considering only the sources of these items, there is no difference between them and a blood transfusion.

I hope you and your children are doing well!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Hi Fi - I was in the same position as you. With my first child a sister kindly looked out a QFR that said it was definitely a conscience matter but that if one's conscience forbid it then one should seriously consider not having anymore children - well we didn't want to stop at one child so I went ahead and had the injection (but only after my baby was born, not at 28 and 32 weeks as has become the practice now). After my second child, who again was a Rhesus positive baby I went for it again. It's perfectly fine. Don't give it another thought. Hope all is well with your bambinos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit