Here Is An Interesting Quote

by Arthur 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Arthur
    Arthur

Here is a quote that I found recently. I would like you to read the following excerpt and guess where the quote is from:

"God’s people must be aware that they have a responsibility before God to respect, obey, and submit to His anointed servants . . . Far too many with the [ organization ] have imitated the words of Korah and other leaders of Israel who said to Moses, ‘You have gone too far! The whole community is holy, everyone of them, and the Lord is with them. Why do you set yourself above the Lord’s assembly?’ . . . It is true that all Christians walking in the light are holy and God is indeed with everyone of them. However, it is also true that through His spirit certain men have been assigned responsibilities to lead in the Kingdom and that to oppose them is to oppose God who anointed them."

The above excerpt was not taken from a Watchtower article. It was taken from literature printed by the Boston Church of Christ. I had replaced the words "Church of Christ" with the word "organization" in brackets above. If one simply replaces the words "Church of Christ" with the word "organization", the statements could easily be found in a Watchtower study article.

The above quotes were published in the book: Churches That Abuse by Ronald M. Enroth. Enroth spent years researching Bible cults and published his research in this book. The book does not mention Jehovah's Witnesses once. However, the similarities in the book are striking. The book is an excellent analysis into many Bible cults in the United States. In page after page, and quote after quote, I was amazed at how similar so many of these groups were to the Watchtower organization. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

When I began to read the works of Steven Hassan, Margaret Singer, and Robert J. Lifton, I was amazed at the similarities that the Watchtower organization has with other cultic groups. Did any of you begin to sense some of these characteristics while still in the organization? What characteristics did you begin to notice?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks Arthur for sharing, there are plenty of things now that truly sicken me such as

The anointed being mediator for the GC, that the GC only gets life by our view and treatment of the FD Slave, always trying to supplement the Christ with pious behavior and actions instead of looking to the One who died for us and just believing in his sacrifice which will motivate us to want to do better and yet still nothing we can do, will ever be as good as God's sacrifice of His Son on our behalf.

abr

• Arthur
    Arthur

Here is another quote from Enroth's book:

"Spiritually abusive groups routinely use guilt, fear, and intimidation as effective means for controlling their members. In my opinion, the leaders consciously foster an unhealthy form of dependency, spiritually and interpersonally, by focusing on themes of submission, loyalty, and obedience to those in authority."

- Churches That Abuse, pg. 109

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit