Do Dubbers hate the internet?

by dogon 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon
    Or at least fear it? I know many of the young seem to be on it, but I also know many of the old dubbers seem to distrust it and think it leads to bad outcomes. How many dubbers that are old that are dark on the web while their kids are all over it. I have one family member who said they wish that mom was on Facebook so she could get in on photos and comments,and here sister said that she did not want to lose her everlasting life over the internet. This seems to be a theme for many older dubs.
  • kairos
    kairos

I believe many are fearful of the internet, yes.

Just as many were likely fearful of electricity, the phone, radio and television in times past.
    It may be a fear of technology, actually.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The older ones have taken on board, and kept alight, the "Old Light" that the Internet is infested with Demons etc etc.

The youngsters who have grown up with it never did swallow that garbage wholesale.

I do find though, that the younger Dubbies are scared s***less to go on any Site they perceive as vaguely "apostate", they fear the discipline of the Elders if caught.

So even tech-savvy young ones will hardly stumble across TTATT easily.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

In my hall they actually have wifi. They catch is that they have a net-nanny installed to keep everyone 'safe' from those horrible sites. I made the mistake once to ask the brothers how did they know a site was unsafe? Did they check it out first? Boy, the reaction I got from that LOL!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Faithful JWs used to hate and fear the internet. Now, they still hate and fear it - apart from jw.org, which they think is marvelous.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Faithful JWs used to hate and fear the internet. Now, they still hate and fear it - apart from j.w.org, which they think is marvelous.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Simon, please can you edit my post so that their website doesn't get free advertising.

Thank you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "...they fear the discipline of the Elders if caught."

Interesting that they don't fear pissing off God.

• UFCFan
    UFCFan
    Most of the older members of my congregation seem to be afraid of it. And they think that most websites are designed by Satan just to lure witnesses away from the org.... No joke.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

UFCFan - "...they think that most websites are designed by Satan just to lure witnesses away from the org...."

So would that make Mark Zuckerberg the Antichrist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit