Getting on the elders nerves...

by Alligator Wisdom 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

...without doing anything unscriptural.

What made them jealous, nervous or afraid of your behavior that wasn't against anything in the Bible?

For me, I find plenty of information on this forum way before any in the congregation (or circuit/district for that matter). Everything from new campaigns, death of GB members, letter to the Body of Elders (as in the new WT format arrangement starting next year), Question from Readers in WT magazines that haven't even been delivered to the congregation, ordering the new Revelation book in paperback with the revisions already in it while the entire congregation is cutting and pasting out of the Kingdom Ministry insert...etc.

How do I know all of these things? I'm not even an elder. The others in the congregation tend to seek me for advance information. The elder body is quite disturbed and jealous about this. A few elders ask me how do I know all these things before they do. I just say that some friends told me (as they know that I have JW acquaintances all over the world in various congregations and branch offices, with several in New York).

They are uneasy that some of their power in terms of information control isn't under their constraint.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

P.S. Thanks to all posters on JWD for your contributions!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

""" bowing modestly """

At least they'll think a minute or two before calling up a JC on ya.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Be careful. Remember Luke 8: 17...."there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest, neither anything carefully concealed that will never become known and never come into the open." Eventually they'll find out how you know! (said tongue in cheek).

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

alligator: i always say be 2 steps ahead of them. keep them afraid of what you know. once they know you know more than they do . they back off. there are many way to play this game. what your doing is working just fine. keep up the pressure. in your own style. john

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    once they know you know more than they do . they back off.

So very true. I had a three hour discussion with the CO and one of his local elder minions. Told him much and all he could ask is "How do you know these things?" I smiled and said I know elders who are more than willing to tell me what is really going on. Haven't heard from him for over a year now.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

In a closed society like the wt the thing that gives power is having special knowledge. This board gives the R&F access to this special knowledge. We knew about the tract work long before even some of the elders. We have an inside track to the goings-on of bethel. We have access to the elder's letters... and so on.

By casually letting other know that you have this information, you will most definitely make the elders nervous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit