AOL features"Knocking" on 04/16/07 Welcome Page

by Louie Schabow 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Louie Schabow
    Louie Schabow

AOL Welcome page for 04/16/07 regarding "In Specials"

http://movies.aol.com/truestories/knocking

Based on the listed posts under "Talkback", at the link shown above, I doubt if my post sees the light of day so I thought I would share it here;

I find it interesting that so many responses to this "documentary" are from the same group of enlightened individuals who refused to watch the Dateline program addressing pedophilia within the Watchtower organization. To state this is a documentary providing fair, equal and unbiased information is a discredit to PBS. The biblical truths that this publishing company promote are nothing more than Orwellian doublespeak. I personally have been subjected to the cruelty and hypocrisy of this organization and can state for a certainty that the Golden Rule is NOT one of the characteristics that this group promotes. Where are their works? My mother claims that the works she provides are "free home bible studies". I must have missed that part of the Good Samaritan offering a home bible study to the robbery victim lying on the edge of the road. Why do I no longer argue with my mother regarding this? It is pitiful and sad to watch an individual suffer from cognitive dissonance in order to reconcile a lifetime of wasted "door to door ministry" Knocking and knocking and knocking.........Only to watch the generation THAT WILL BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY.....be dismissed as an adjustment from Gods Organization. Please note that in my post to the PBS "Knocking" Talkback I referred to the robbery victim as a Tax Collector as I am sure the well schooled JW's will attack that instead of addressing the real issue of their so-called works of love;).

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I was just reading the responses listed on the aol site and was surprised to see so much positive feedback and so very little negative feedback. actually only one solid negative comment. I am also very disappointed to see they wouldn't post your comment.

what did you think of the person who said they objected to the one tiny comment in the documentary that nobody was allowed to disagree with the policy, or else be expelled. saying that would never happen.

hmm. yeah, right.

• Louie Schabow
    Louie Schabow

Actually after taking a closer look at the site I am not all that surprised at the content of the listed resposes. They are trying to SELL the DVD. I have to imagine that if all posts were listed it may undermine that effort.

Regarding the shunning. Pleeeeze......I have lived it.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Welcome Louie the newbie:

heehee, great comment about the Good Samaritan Bible Study!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit