CT Russell and Brooklyn Eagle...scans needed if possible

by ninja 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ninja
    ninja

Anybody have any scans of the brooklyn eagle reporting on Maria Russell's court case against Charlie boy?

• badboy
    badboy

HANG ON IN THERE,THERE IS BOUND TO BE SOMEONE WHO CAN SUPPLY THEM

• badboy
    badboy

HANG ON IN THERE,THERE IS BOUND TO BE SOMEONE WHO CAN SUPPLY THEM

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You probably already know that the Brooklyn Eagle is in the process of scanning their entire archive for the Brooklyn Public Library, don't you? Unfortunately, they have not yet processed the years of Russell and his crew. Well actually they may have some slight mention of CTR, since the processed archives cover from 1841 to 1902.

It is worth a look:

http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/eagle/

and, if you are so inclined, a contribution:

http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/eagle/mail_form.htm

• badboy
    badboy

I DID NOTICE A CURIOUS THING WHICH I WILL POST TOMORROW HOPEFULLY.

• badboy
    badboy

TYPE IN WATCHOWER,NOVEMBER 2 1878 AND SEE WHAT I SEE

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    WATCHOWER,NOVEMBER 2 1878

You left out the T in Tower; is that intentional?

Also, please clarify: is the entire phrase used for a keyword search, or is the keyword WATCHTOWER and the date range Nov. 2, 1878?

I think I found what you're talking about: an article about Baptists mentioning someone else as the publisher of The WATCHTOWER.

It is no mystery, because Chuck Russell was the publisher of "Zion's Watch Tower," not "The Watchtower."

• kool aid man06
  • badboy
    badboy

I LEFT THE T OUT, I DO SEEM TO BE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY KEY BOARD,HE CENTRE LEFT DON'T SEEM TO WANT TO APPEAR WHEN YOU PRESS THEM.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Do a search for Zion's Watch Tower. The very first entry (1902) has to do with a lecture Charles T. Russell gave.

The entries in the Brooklyn Eagle go up only through 1902. Court proceedings were initiated by Maria Russell in 1903, and she was awarded in 1908, a judgment, of divorce from bed and board, with alimony. I hope more years will be added--at least up to the death of Russell in 1916.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit