Questions about the memorial

by UpAndAtom 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

I’m considering going to this year’s memorial. I’ve only been once, however this was years ago and I can’t remember everything – I have a few questions.

Do they read from a bible during the service?
    Is there a scriptural reason for attending/celebrating?
    Is this about Passover or what?
    Why does the average Jehovah’s Witness attend anyway?

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Do they read from a bible during the service? RarelyIs there a scriptural reason for attending/celebrating? NoIs this about Passover or what? WhatWhy does the average Jehovah’s Witness attend anyway? Peer pressure

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Do they read from a bible during the service?
    Is there a scriptural reason for attending/celebrating?
    Is this about Passover or what?
    Why does the average Jehovah’s Witness attend anyway?

They read from the Bible, mostly from the Gospels and NT, usually just some background on Passover.

There really is no scriptural reason for attending IF you are not participating. The Bible says "keep doing
    this in remembrance of me." WTS says these scriptures were written to the anointed. JW's attend because
    they wouldn't dare miss "observing" this event when they place such emphasis on it. It would be like marking
    themselves if they don't go.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Buy this on EBay and read all about it yourself.

I can't figure out how to hot link to the ' Bay, sorry

http://www.ebay.com.my/viItem?ItemId=230109857473

http://www.ebay.com.my/viItem?ItemId=230112109251

Just noticed that now the WT Police will know which EBay I log into! KEWL!

Now I'm really done. Only 7 tries to post 20 words.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I love your user name ! So I have a question: why are you going? Is it to appease family...I would say take a book - its soooo boring....

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

"Those who are his followers should participate not only in feeding upon him..not only partaking of the merit of his blood, his sacrifice but in laying down their lives in service of him...." CTR "Herald" 1915.

Suck it Bethel. To claim that it's even the same religion that it was in 1915 "when God selected it as his representive on earth" is enough to make one laugh. 180 degree doctrinal reversals are par for the course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit