TEA BREAKS FORBIDDEN IN BRITISH BETHELIN1950s

by badboy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

So one person said.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i dont know what the situ was before but i know that they all carry flasks with them now...so they can take a cuppa without leaving their posts

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Freedom Fighters,

I remember reading a newspaper article in the early sixties which commented on the ."American style selling practice of the witnesses" it also mentioned that the British bethel workers had to get used to working the American way by not having a tea break.I remember thinking at the time, bethel is a must to avoid.Once at a convention at Twickenham we went on a tour of the London bethel and I noticed a very miserable looking brother and I thought , he must be missing his tea break!

Do you not stop for tea American cousins.?

Edmund.

• badboy
    badboy

COME TO THINK ABOUT IT,THAT WHAT I THINK I READ SOMEWHERE

• Gill
    Gill

If you stop for tea, you'll want a wee!

JW pioneers are trained at Pioneer school not to drink. That way they can spend longer working in the ministry!

Sweat shop conditions with NO PAY as well!!!!!

Who said the WTBTS isn't a brilliant profit making organization!!!!

• serendipity
    serendipity

tij, I have to wonder what's in those flasks... ;-)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    JW pioneers are trained at Pioneer school not to drink.

no they're not..!!!

there are t breaks both morning and afternoon and an hours lunch.

• Gill
    Gill

Tij - I meant, and I have this on good authority of 7 pioneers in the family, that they are TOLD not to drink if they are going to be out in service for as long as possible.

I believe it is well known among JWs, at least in the congs that we were in that Pioneers tended to be prone to urinary tract infections as they didn't drink enough!

I was even 'directed' by pioneer relatives to not give my kids a drink when we were to go out in service so that I wouldn't have to stop to take them to the toilet.

That is what I meant!

I'm sure they drink at Pioneer school!!!

• badboy
    badboy

VERY INTERESTING.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit