Would anyone like an invite to the memorial?

by Axeman 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Axeman
    Axeman

Just visited my 80 year old mother who rarely goes witnessing. Noticed a pile of tracts for the memorial she has been given to distribute. 50 houses is a lot for an old lady You'd think Jehovah's organization would cut her some slack. So come on guys help an old lady out and take a tract

PS I will accept them on your behalf Just let me know what you want me to do with it

• Mary
    Mary
    You'd think Jehovah's organization would cut her some slack.

Cut her some slack? Surely you jest. After all, she's still breathing.......In the Borg's view, anyone who has this one function needs to be out in Service on a regular basis.

So come on guys help an old lady out and take a tract

Why don't you offer to place a bunch for her and then ditch em in a garbage bin? (I've already got my invitation to go......something I'm not looking forward to).

• greendawn
    greendawn

Preaching for the WTS is such a hysterical priority not because it has any biblical backing but because it promotes the interests of the org. It's a shame that people in their eighties get to be exploited in this way.

• free2think
    free2think

I'll have one, I needed some blank paper to write on anyway.

Your poor mum though, I hope she's not worrying about giving them out?! As if she hasn't got enough to worry about.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No thanks.

I steer clear of false prophets.

Besides, I probably would get sick seeing a whole congregation of JW's rejecting Christ as they refused to drink His blood and eat His flesh.

• alphafemale
    alphafemale

I'll have one. In fact, since there are five in my family, we'll have one each, (if it's not cheating, that is). I'll put them all in the recycling bin our local council has kindly provided. I've always been interested in caring for the environment. ;)

• Axeman
    Axeman
    I'll have one, I needed some blank paper to write on anyway.

Thats what I am looking for Some creative uses for them As I said I will accept them on the members behalf they need only tell me what they want me to do with them

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I need every pamphlet you can get me,in a garbage can..Problem solved..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Axeman
    Axeman
    I'll have one. In fact, since there are five in my family, we'll have one each, (if it's not cheating, that is). I'll put them all in the recycling bin our local council has kindly provided. I've always been interested in caring for the environment. ;)

Good one 5 for the recycle bin on behalf of alfafemale. I totally respect your concern for the environment

• dobbie
    dobbie

I'll take the lot!I can shred it up and use it as cheap rabbit bedding, perfect for him to wee and mess on, its all a load of poo anyway!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit