charity trustees

by edmond dantes 3 Replies latest jw friends

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hello everyone this is my first post ,not very practiced at this but i will give it my best shot.During the recent discussion about the Jah Jireh charity homes ,Charity Commission no. 1062023 and Cleveleys Congregation C.C. no1062023 in the U.K. under the list of trustees i noticed a trustee is using the letters MBE after his name .My question is ,since when has it been acceptable for a jw to accept and hold a worldly honour and title, am i barking up the wrong tree and can anyone shed any light on the matter.

• Zico
    Zico

Welcome to the board. My guess is, that he donated a lot of money!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Cleveleys Congregation C.C. no1062023 in the U.K.

Write a letter to the Congregation this person attends and make your inquiry. That should clear things up for you as I'm sure you'll get a quick responce especially if you include your phone number.

Good luck!

• Glissando
    Glissando

Hello everyone. This also is my first post although I am a long time lurker here. I thought I should add what I know about the "charity." I took a look at the list of trustees and found I knew most of them. One is a former District Overseer and the OBE is Stuart Brown who I know quite well. At least I used to. He is a witness in good standing and in fact will be giving the Public Talk this coming Sunday in my sister's congregation.

He used to be a Special Pioneer in the 70's and when he married a sister from my former congregation he gave up pioneering and took a full time job in the Civil Service. I worked in the same office with him for a few years before moving on. However, he stayed on in the same lowly position,refusing all promotion, for the next thirty years or so. I understand it was for this that he was awarded his OBE. Apparently he went down to the Palace and received his honor from the Queen. Always wondered how this went over with the congregation. But it doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

Hope this shed a little light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit