Has anyone or know of anyone that has had a TOF?

by helncon 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• helncon
    helncon

When i was born i had a TOF (Trachea Oesophageal Fistula laymans terms the oesophagus doesn't join to the stomache and needs to be rejoined commonly it attaches to the lung.) done when i was 12 hours old.

Just wondering if anyone else out there ever had one or know of a family member or a friend that had the same condition.

I was thinking about starting up a network of people with this condition as it is only in recent years that those who survived at my age now are becoming parents and was hoping to get some feedback about any fears you may have had or any other complications that you may have had since having this done.

I have been lucky with no complication since i was born though i do still get the TOF cough, and i also have 2 very healthy children.

I suppose this is why i stayed with the JW as i always thought it was a miracle that i was saved and that all the cong had prayed for me to get better. But then i thought later in life that it was the doctors that saved me not the JW and that they didn't really even help my parents in this distraught time.

You can email me at [email protected]

Helen

• juni
    juni

I have heard of that Helen. But I don't personally know someone who has had this condition.

Juni

• What-A-Coincidence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit