Jehovah's Witness Elder David L Pleake 51 kills Samantha Semmern

by MinisterAmos 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/8626768p-8519099c.html

Jehovah's Witness Elder David L Pleake 51, finally gets sentenced for killing Samantha Semmern.

A big five years. Obviously MURDER is still a joke in WA. Let's hope his cell mates make his stay a memorable one at least and that Jehovah takes notice of what he has done.

Samantha, at 22 years, had performed more good works than the entire JW congregation of Kennewick, WA.

• blondie
    blondie

Visit the Tri-City Herald

Friends honor woman with dog chow

This story was published Friday, February 9th, 2007

By Michelle Dupler, Herald staff writer

Friends of Samantha Semmern plan to honor her memory by donating more than 800 pounds of dog food to the animal shelter where she served as a volunteer.

Monday marks six months since the 22-year-old, known to her loved ones as Sami, was killed by a drunk driver on Highway 240 at Van Giesen Street in Richland.

The driver, David Pleake, now is serving a nearly five-year prison sentence for her death.

After the fatal wreck, longtime family friend Mike Wingfield took up the effort to raise money for a memorial bench and signs bearing her picture and the words "Please don't drink and drive."

The items will be placed near the scene of the accident in about two months, he said. Semmern's family also was involved in the fundraising.

He found he had about $166 left over after ordering the signs and bench, so Wingfield thought it would be appropriate to support a cause Semmern loved.

He put in enough money to bring the total up to $200, and took that to Albertson's to buy dog food for the Benton-Franklin Humane Society.

Albertson's gave him a discount, and his $200 turned into more than 800 pounds of kibble. Wingfield will deliver the bounty to the Humane Society at 2 p.m. today.

The Benton-Franklin Humane Society relies entirely on community donations to shelter and feed an average of about 20 animals, said Operations Manager Ed Dawson.

"Whenever anybody donates any supplies for the animals, it's big for us because that's one less thing we end up paying for," he said. "(Semmern) will live on through this donation to us."

Wingfield has been a close friend of Semmern's mother, Linda Fastabend, for about 30 years, and Semmern and his son were childhood friends. Her death Aug. 12 was a shock to his family, he said.

"I got the phone call and just ... our whole family was screaming," he said.

He believes giving something to the Humane Society is an appropriate way to honor her memory.

"Sami would be thrilled," he said. "She was so into animals and just the thought that there was so much outpouring and something good was coming. ... I want to thank all our friends and family for their outpouring."

Unfortunately, many state's laws do not reflect that a human life was taken (5 years seems light).

Here is the previous thread on this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/127245/1.ashx

Blondie

• needproof
    needproof

:( how sad, that bastard should be hung!

• free2think
    free2think

Very sad

• blondie
    blondie

We should all be careful about drinking and driving. People tend to underestimate the effect of even one drink on their reflexes. Doesn't hurt to have a designated driver or have someone else drive you home.

Blondie

• needproof
    needproof

yeah, thats one thing I would never tolerate. I have never had alcohol before driving and I want to keep it that way. I am all for drink drivers feeling the full force of the law. Lock em up.

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that test was done on TV where they tested drivers before they drunk 1 pint of alcohol ,and after they drunk one pint of alcohol.

Even one pint of alcohol affected ability to drive.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am shocked that he only got five years.

With all the media and knowledge out there about drinking and driving, there should never be and excuse for this....a life is a life, whether it is murder or accident.......I understand that there are accidental deaths, to be so irriesponsible to drink and drive, the punishment does not fit the death of this young girl. Its like..........oops......sorry.

purps

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Shoot I'm sorry for re-posting "old light". I thought the sentencing phase had not been touched on but obviously you guys are too sharp for me. On the other hand, the more times "David L Pleake 51 y/o JW Elder" "Murder" and "Drunk-Driving" all show up on Google the better.

Here's a copy of the note I sent Mr Pleake at his new home:

We know that it's been difficult
    For you these past few days
    Not everyone can come to terms
    With the plain fact you're now Gay.

But here's a little note to say
    We're there for you in spades
    So choose your cell mate carefully
    And don't come down with AIDS.

And when you're in the shower Don't use the word "agape" Your friends will think it's your orifice, And you will end up raped!

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

The WTS has no problem holding the Catholic Church responsible for the actions of Priests, why don't they take responsibility for the actions of their Elders? They should have paid for the bench and puppy chow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit