Vaccination hepatitis B (rather urgent)

by Motema Bolingo 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

Do you know if Jehovah's Witnesses accept vaccination to prevent hepatitis B ?

Your quick answer will be welcome, because it is for an urgent case in France.

Many thanks

• badboy
    badboy

I BELIEVE THEY DO,SINCE 1960S

• Scully
    Scully

The hepatitis B vaccine that is used in North America is called Engerix-B.

ENGERIX-B [Hepatitis B Vaccine (Recombinant)] is a noninfectious recombinant DNA hepatitis B vaccine developed and manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals. It contains purified surface antigen of the virus obtained by culturing genetically engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells, which carry the surface antigen gene of the hepatitis B virus. The surface antigen expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells is purified by several physicochemical steps and formulated as a suspension of the antigen adsorbed on aluminum hydroxide. The procedures used to manufacture ENGERIX-B result in a product that contains no more than 5% yeast protein. No substances of human origin are used in its manufacture.

http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_engerixb.pdf

• rebel8
    rebel8

You might find some info about this on Google--I think in most US states it is a requirement in order to attend public school (and therefore most dubs have it done). If you want a state to try, try mine first....I think Hep B vaccine is required here.

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

Thank you for your help !

I will advise my contact in France, including the pdf text given by Scully.

Have a good and sunny week-end

Jacques

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit