Exit Counseling: Your experiences?

by detective 7 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

Hi,
    since the topic came up on another thread, let's give it a go of it's own. What experiences have you had with exit counselling? Have you tried to counsel others? Any success? What have you tried? What worked/failed?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

The most important rule:

What works is to NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER say anything bad about the religion you are trying to help somebody out of. I s--t you not; it really really works. So far only 3 members of my family are left inside; and it looks they are on their way out now also.

I have open lines of communication with JW's by email who don't suspect I am exit-counseling them because of this technique. The WT doesn't train people to beware of nice things people have to say about 'da troof'!!!

I really can't say much more here on the board because we all know the WT read this board.

If you are JW and you have family still in that you want to come out also..STAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!! It's much easier. Then when you're finally out...move several cities away and leave no forwarding address.

I cannot stress enough...NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER say anything bad about the religion you're trying to get someone out of.

Get some books about exit couseling, read them, formulate a plan and be prepared to spend six months to a year at least. (In the case of some of my family members its been six years...but they're out and its worth it.) That's just the way it is folks.

Ain't got the time? DON"T do the crime!!!

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Introspection
    Introspection

What crime...? You saying I shouldn't follow elders around in my car...?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

AHHHH..intro...now the TRUTH comes out!!!!

(((((intro)))))

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Intro stop crank calling me!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Crank call nothing...watch your rearview mirror Naeb...

• troubled
    troubled

Dungbeetle,

I find your comment interesting:

"I can never stress enough - NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER say anything bad about the religion you are trying to get someone out of."

Oh, you mean like your reply to my post in the thread "Watchtower Exploitation Begins?" where you say:

"Yeah you JW's just DO that...
    jehovah's witnesses have been practicing psychological terrorism for close on to 122 years...JW's had BETTER go door to door with a 'message of hope and comfort'...WT owes the world a debt that can never be repaid as far as I'm concerned.

jehovah' witnesses have been responsible for the deaths of more people than the Branch Davidians and People's Temple...JW's had BETTER go door to door with a 'message of hope and comfort'. It's the least you can do ...finally!!"

I found your comments to my post offensive and hateful. Maybe you need to work on your "people skills."

• JT
    JT

dugbettle you are right-

If you are JW and you have family still in that you want to come out also..STAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!! It's much easier. Then when you're finally out...move several cities away and leave no forwarding address

#########

most former jw don't know how to help others for the most part-

that is why they must read read read and understand how that the avg has spent 10-20yrs attending meetings week in and week out preparing them just for the day that someone walks up to them with some ANTI-WT views

AND THEY SHUT DOWN FASTER THAN AN ATM money machine on the 3rd wrong try

only by becoming informed on how a jw thinks and respond will one be effective
    my wife and i have worked with a number of folks- who are at different levels of leaving and each one must be dealt with on thier own terms- some folks have no jw family - easier many times to help
    where a 3 or 4th genreation jw - it maybe somewhat harder- with so many family memebers- etc

bottom line one must inform themselves

we had a post along these same lines awhile back about LEAVING INTACT

so many folks don't know how to leave-, but some very good suggestions were offered to help folks
    at this thread

James

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5574&site=3#66584

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit