Daily Text for 2/14/2007

by VanillaMocha73 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

K... this gave me a laugh... Anyone got the whole article?

...Despite the wiles of the foremost apostate, Satan the Devil, the spiritual vigilance of the faithful and discreet slave class has helped true Christians to remain loyal to Jehovah and his Word." w 1/15/06 14-16.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

After I read this, I asked myself, "What exactly did that long, rambling sentence say?" I think it was mostly an excuse to harp about apostates again!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It used to be a 'battle against Satan' - now, particularly since 1980 and the 'purge', it has begun to be against the 'Foremost Apostate.'

Since the apostates in this case have it right and the 'truth' is really a 'lie', wouldn't that make the 'foremost apostate' on the side of the liars?

Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It should read

Despite the wiles of so - called apostates,, the dictatorial tactics of ten old men in Brooklyn has helped brainwashed dubs to remain loyal to the watchtower society and keep the money rolling in
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

More WBT$ bullsh*t..JW`s used to believe and preach,the generation of 1914 would never die.Now they don`t..WBT$ got "New Light"(The Generation of 1914 are dead or dieing) and JW`s are supposed to suck it up.....Remember Armageddon by 1975?..JW`s used to preach that too.Now they say it never happened..Jehovah`s Witness`s are Apostate to thier own Religion..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• greendawn
    greendawn

Everything they write is doctored by spin, look at the adjectives true Christians, spiritual vigilance. They are not Christians at all to begin with, they are jehovite judaizers. And the FDS class is just a power lusting authoritarian bunch of old men that refuse to accept advice and correction from anyone.

• Confession
    Confession

Just take a gander at how the organization has wildly flip-flopped on its own importance...

"A visible organization is out of harmony with God’s divine plan." [Watchtower, December 1, 1894, p. 1743]

Then later…

“How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God’s visible organization.” [Watchtower, January 15, 1983, p. 22]

Next…

"Beware of "organization." It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours. Believe and obey so far as you can understand God’s Word today, and so continue growing in grace and knowledge and love day by day." [Watchtower, September 15, 1895, p. 1866]

But later…

"Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.” [Watchtower, December 1, 1981, p. 27]

Even as recently as 1961, this appeared in The Watchtower…

“If one renders obedient service to someone or some organization, whether willingly or under compulsion, looking up to such as possessing a position of superior rulership and great authority, then that one can Scripturally be said to be a worshiper.” [Watchtower, September 1, 1961, p. 525]

But what does the Society teach today?

"Those who desire life in the New Order must come into a right relationship with the organization." [Watchtower, November 15, 1981, pp. 16-17]

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    ...Despite the wiles of the foremost apostate, Satan the Devil, the spiritual vigilance of the faithful and discreet slave class has helped true Christians to remain loyal to Jehovah and his Word."

Works of fiction...creative writing....

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit