CO Visit this week

by Tech49 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Tech49
    Tech49

So this week is our CO visit, the first with the new arrangement where the second mid-week meeting has been deleted. So only 1 "service talk" by the CO.

This time, I decided to listen with a different focus. Listen like it was a sales meeting (I have been to many, and hated them all).

Ok, so we go thru the obligatory Theocratic Ministry School, blah blah blah, so wonderful. Then comes the Service Meeting where we get raked for not giving enough money (see my other post).

Then, finally, the long awaited SPECIAL TIME with the CO. Boring as hell. Ms Harper almost fell asleep. It was all about how wonderful the Organization is, from way back as far as the late 1800's, we are so blessed, the light keeps getting brighter, arent all these changes so amazing.... on and on and on. NOTHING that was pertinent or encouraging for our local congregation. ZERO personalization. ZERO upbuilding, or uplifting chatter. Then a 10 minute rant about how the congregation, in addition to meeting our "financial OBLIGATIONS" to mother, we need to increase the amount of HOURS in the ministry. Why, if everyone just spent an extra few minutes on Sunday after the meeting, we would be able to send in an extra 200+ hours every month! "Now brothers, does that seem so hard? I didnt think so. "

So thus far, another SALES MEETING, all about getting our quotas up, giving more cash to the company, and uber guilt-tripping. Absolutely ZERO refreshment or personal attention. After the meeting, the CO was so busy handshakin and bs'n with the "elders" at the front of the hall, he never even spent any time with the "rank and file". Sorry suckers, you arent worth it.

When we got home, Mrs Harper, for the first time ever, said this "this has got to be the most boring, ridiculous CO visit ever. Why in the world would they cut out the second meeting? Forget it, lets not waste our time going out in "service" just to show our faces. Why bother? Lets go do something fun."

So, for the first time in over 20 years, no midweek service for anyone in our household during the CO visit, and no plans for Saturday either, we are staying put and drinking coffee in our PJ's.

Puh Leez..... poor me another shot of Bourbon.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Forget it, lets not waste our time going out in "service" just to show our faces. Why bother? Lets go do something fun."

I think I love your wife.

OK. Well..........at least her attitude.

Doc

• the comet
    the comet

I think the hall I go to had that exact same boring talk. One weird comment he made was that quoting from the old NWT bible wasn't a sin. He quoted from it a few times in his talk and wanted to make sure we knew that it was ok to do that and we weren't sinning if we did. Anyone else hear that or was he just going off the reservation with that comment?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Enjoy your Saturday!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Awesome post.
    "Give us more money, more time." That gets old. Glad you and yours recognize it for what it is.
  • millie210
    millie210

Finally, a productive Saturday!

Happy for you and your wife

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Ah yes, the elders and the CO, aka the suckers and the suckee, yep that's so encouraging for us regular untitled folk to watch that shameless love-fest. Hopefully all the CO meetings will soon only consist of "give more, do more, you're all worthless and weak blah blah" and more people will wake up.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Perhaps it's time to "If you keep hounding us to do more, we won't do anything for you at all" and "If you keep hounding for us to donate more, we won't donate anything at all". I recommend everyone to not donate anything at all if they keep hounding for more, and especially if they hound you personally to buff your donations. Ditto field circus time.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Honestly, you and your wife's decision has really warmed my heart.

Thank you for that, and give your wife a kiss on the cheek from me.

Wonderful!! You have a lovely day too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit