... or whole of God?

Wonderless form?

... or form of wonder?

you decide.

tetra

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

or hole-shaped god?

(the most holey? hollowed be thy name? -- too bad Pascal couldn't think of those)

if "God" means something as an opening in being/reality (as Heidegger could call man the "clearing of Being") it's not that farfetched...

• loosie
    loosie

Too deep for this blonde

• RAF
    RAF

ok ... From the bible perspective for instance ? Ephesian 4:6 "God ... is over all and through all and in all."

Essence has no hole !!! ...

Now if you want to shape it : through all and in all

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I think we are only parts of god. All forms of consciousness that is. E=mc squared means that energy = mass times the speed of light squared. Mass is what everything is made of. God made us by convertng his energy into mass and scattered it with the big bang. Maybe out of boredom.We are parts of god's consciousness that are trying to unify. We as a collective, are the universe trying to understand itself. All good and bad inclusive. You are only a very small peice in an almost infinate mosaic of peices. As gods, our sharing of knowledge enables our power. Perhaps full consciousness, for one omnipotent being is just too much to handle and the universe collapses when a peak is reached, only to start over again. It is like eternal expansion and contraction for it's own good. Knowing everything for all eternity must be paifnully lonely. That up there, is a mirror, Tetra, but if you guys want to worship me, I humbly accept. The full mystery is not for any one person to know. That is the mystery of god {god's}

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

No, I've been to the god shaped hole. That ain't it. Nor could you post it on JWD.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

How true, six of nine. The Marquis de sade called it the eye of God.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the mirror itself is not the god-shaped hole. i'm asking what you see in the instrument, the mirror?

tyrone, i like your style man. and you can quote de sade. one of the few others i have met. i would add that the human you see in the mirror is a metaphor for he whole that is struggling to a unification. i mean, what do we represent?

i think the question is one (of the very few) that we can answer.

wonderless form? or form of wonder? only we can answer this.

i was meditating on this concept of so-called "god-shaped hole" that humans have. and i was focusing on mine, and it's size, and the longer that i went, the larger and all encompassing it became. suddenly the entirety of it was my totality, and my totality had expanded in the process, somehow. simply as a meditation, right? so, if i have evolved just far enough to have the ability/audacity to consider myself an ambasador from the cosmos, it's because i see it all as equal, and never with humans at some evolutionary pinnacle. but in that understanding is the implicit statement that we are.

i dunno. i like the dynamic of the thought. it sort of sends your mind bouncing back and forth between the all the polarities that we think we see.

tetra

Why do you complain of your fate when you could so easily change it?

• Justine or The Misfortunes of Virtue (1787)

-m.de sade

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Thanks Tetra. I know what your saying about the metphor of the mirror and our existence as whole. We probably agree on many things. Most of what I write I am pulling from my memory though. I havn't read a good book in ages. Too disturbed. When I have healed more I can probably afford to get more philosophical for fun, like you and Narkissos. I have read many of your arguments and can see you read more than I. Sometimes I dare not tread in those areas but just read them. Most things don't sink into my head that easily, unless I go over it a couple of times. You seem to have a sense of humour as well. That's good. Did you know the works of the Marquis de Sade are contained here in the library of parliament? I knew a man in his 80's, who worked there for many years, who told me that he read them, and even had sex capades in the library. He's probably dead now. These works were traded to our government for something else. I know not what. I don't know if the general public could get them that easily without special permission though. Keep postin you guys. I'll interject where I can. Love your thoughts. Your amazing too Raf. I better have my head screwed on straight if I ever want to debate. My short term memory is useless, but my long term is amazing. It's like i'm stuck in a feedback loop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit