court case

by ellderwho 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hamilton/20070125.html

Interesting overturn of a case brought by the Dubs

• vitty
    vitty

This was a really interesting article, I thought the comments on the discussion board were good too. Maybe if more commented it would have a positive impact and understanding on how the WT works on any legal team, when they have to defend abuse cases

There will be a breakthrough in cases of abuse its a matter of when not if.

• Mystla
    Mystla

I particularly enjoyed the last paragraph:

The Jehovah's Witness lawsuit in Denmark shows the same internal dynamic as in the Catholic Church, and based on the allegations, the institutions have adopted matching strategies: hide as much as possible and when exposed, go on the offensive. Somehow, these institutions came to believe that they have a right to an internal, secret sphere where they cannot be held accountable for their culpability in the suffering of children. Fortunately, both Danish and California courts, and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, are proving them to be very wrong.

After JW's have slammed the catholics on the child-abuse issue so many times.. the recent tract comes to mind.. to have the media beginning to point out the similarities btw the two is priceless.

Misty

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have quite a cheek to demand compensations for accusations against them which they know only too well that they are true, but once more they overeached themselves and ended up paying out costs. Indeed both the Catholics and the JWs have a policy of suppressing instances of child abuse.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for making us aware of this. Hope many who know about JWs or have relatives who are, will share this with them.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Ya know whats funny is that I sent this artical to my mom (active dub) her response was " you have to be careful of Satan and his demons" she totally missed the point.

Never mind the fact that the org. wants a cover up.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Good article. Thanks for bringing it back up.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit