Tape record Oct. 7 meeting

by comment 9 Replies latest jw friends

• comment
    comment

Could anyone who is attending the special meeting on October 7 arrange to tape record it?

It would probably not be that hard to bring in one of those mini-cassette recorders and at least capture part of what is said.

I am sure others who are unable to attend the meeting would be interested in hearing a recording. And if it turns out to be a "historic occasion," it would be nice for the world to have a document of it.

comment

• rhett
    rhett

If anyone needs help getting some sort of tape recorder in let me know. I used to bootleg concerts all the time and can give advice.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

I know that they will have armed, professional security at at least one location (Pontiac, Michigan) and that they told people to be prepared for potential searches and to go through metal detecters.

Just thought you would want to know. If you take a taping device, be prepared to part with it if you get caught.

• JT
    JT

And if it turns out to be a "historic occasion,"

#####

WELL you can rest assured that it will not be historic- it will be another Pep Rally to get the troops selling more books

it will be a FEW EXP, PERHAPS SOME INFO ON THE org changes with the gb and more of the same

1. attend all meeting
    2. read all your mags
    3, be out selling the mags

and that my friend will be the bottom line

my mother in law will be in detriot and they are hoping for the end of the world annoucnement and all kinds of speculations-
    it is so sad - they are so excited and only to be disappointed again like they have been for the last 130yrs

they are rallying the tired jw to do more do more and that is all the meeting will be about

it will turn out not to be so SPECIAL AFTER ALL

• Moxy
    Moxy

i will have a tape recorder. theres no need to hide it. the meeting is not top secret. the talk about body seaches (lol) is just related to security. at least thats what ive been told. ill find out tomorrow. u can be sure that ill make any interesting bits available by mp3, but i fear tomorrow will be anti-climactic and we shall all be disappointed. i expect the program will be largely experiences...

mox

• fodeja
    fodeja

Is this oh-so-exciting event only scheduled in the USA? Haven't heard anything about that in Europe so far.

If so, I guess it means The End(tm) isn't going to come real soon now. Phew! Or maybe they have received new light and will announce that "beast" status will be reassigned from the international U.N. to some US-based evil entity, such as Pizza Hut.

f.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Essie,

Just spoke to Burns Security, the usual private firm taking care of security for the Silverdome.

Confirmed that there will be metal detectors, and bag searches performed. Also, they will be inspecting electronic devices. However, Burns Security said that tape recorders or radios the size of Walkmans or smaller will be permitted inside the stadium once inspected.
    (Now whether one wants to risk Brother Attendant over there seeing that you are flaunting the Society's(?) request that you not tape record is another matter entirely.)

Also, apparently all NFL stadiums and arenas have instituted these new security measures in light of the events of Sept. 11.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Moxy
    Moxy

the society has not requested that you not tape the program. afaik, the same standards apply as all assemblies, namely, recorders of any kind should not distract anyone and may not use audio or power jacks at the stadium.

3 locations of which i know are:
    michigan
    san diego
    toronto

wheres nyt going? the originating location? where is it?

also, maximus mentioned nassau center right at the beginning but i havent heard anything else about that.

--

ah, a little more research and i think i can answer my own question. the originating location IS nassau colliseum (the name threw me - i thot it was in florida) in uniondale, long island. is this right? so 3 locations are tied into NJ, thats all?

mox

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Thanks, outnfree for the info. I hope that someone can record it.

I knew that the security had to be the dome's idea (the Society is too cheap to hire!) but thanks for the info about small recording devices.

I know that the elders at my family's hall said that recording the meeting was not permitted. I don't know if that was just his personal spin though.

p.s. Pizza hut? ROFL!

I will be really floored if tomorrow is anything more than a donation drive in disquise. I agree...probably a few experiences, blah blah, yadda yadda, oh and don't forget we need more money so be sure to give till it hurts.

S'cuse me while I vomit.

thanks again for the info
    essie

p.s. I know that my elderly grandmother is going to get up at five am to go out there. It's going to be in the forties tomorrow morning. I hate the thought of all those elderly people standing out in the cold so long

• truth1
    truth1

So, the one at the Silverdome (Michigan) is tommorow (October 7)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit