77 year old won't serve jail time for molestation charges

by VanillaMocha73 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

http://www.570news.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20070106_091307_5656

A 77 year old man has been put on probation for 2 years for molesting a young girl while he was spreading religious word.

Claude Martin was a well respected Jehovah's Witness who was going door to door and inappropriately touched a 10 year old girl at a kitchener home in 2000 or 2001.

He was acquitted after a five-day trial of a second count involving a girl who was about the same age during an alleged incident in the late 1980s.

It wasn't included as evidence, but the court was also told about a statement Martin made to police in 2003. He claimed to have had a problem with sexual fantasied involving young girls.

He gave the statement while police were investigating an allegation that Martin exposed himself to a 12-year-old girl delivering newspapers. He was not charged in that incident.

The probation term includes an order to get counselling. He's also been placed on a sex offender registry. Martin cannot work with children and is banned from parks, pools and anywhere that's frequently visited by kids. (Does that mean the KH too?)

• Scully
    Scully

Will he, like the JW jerk that molested me, be assigned to a Book Study Group in a family's home that has not been made aware of his "fantasies" and tendencies, while the children of the Elders™ are kept out of harm's way??

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It is evident in this world there is no justice, however according to Is 42:1-4 There is Justice coming in the rule of Christ, one of the provisions that Christ will have according to Is 32:1,2 is princes who will establish and rule with justice.

If the Witness keep turning a blind eye to save face and not adminster justice, can we assume that these men from the top on down are really appointed by Christ? Or are they just another part of the world that would know how to deal in justice?

Sad thing is this girl(s) hurt will last way longer than the two years of probation that he has to suffer, laugh at.

abr

• Bumble Bee
  • Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

http://www.therecord.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=record/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1168038617609&call_pageid=1024322085509&col=1024322199564

Interesting read, I noticed that the local elders were less than co operative in the investigation, that they stated that they do not harbour sex offenders, yet he is still a member of the congregation. Poor man has suffered enough by losing his position because of a "brief" fondling incident - that's enough of a punishment for him.

He should me made to wear a badge at the assemblies stating that he is a convicted sex offender!

BB

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Being stripped of his "rights" as elder is enough punishment? Oh boy... They stripped my ex at one point because he had a prison warrant against him for income tax evasion and several of my family members pushed hard enough that the congregation had to do something about it. He was pioneering instead of working to support his young family. Sure, it made him sad, but was that punishment enough? It did not make him decide to support us. The only "help" that worked was when we were in a congregation of apostates that cared enough to actually encourage him, help him work on a resume, show him how happy a real family could be, and helped him find a job. This stripping of privileges is not as effective as actually taking the time to offer real help. (Yes, that congregation just happened to be populated with apostates and still is. Oh, wait, I mean people that actually care.) LOL

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Being stripped of his "rights" as elder is enough punishment?

Let's see you can be stripped as your rights as an elder for

Smoking, oral sex with your mated, not getting enough time in, all sorts of stupid things like this and this equates with Child Molestation? OUCH, that really hurts.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit