What % of the world's population knows about the JW's?

by JH 5 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I'd say about 5 percent know about the JW's and their message.

I'm not talking about how many countries they are preaching in, but really, how many people out of the 6 or 7 billion on earth, ever heard about them and saw them at their door preaching.

• JH
    JH

...and if only 5 or even 10% of the worlds population ever heard about them, is that enough to accomplish the prophecy that the good news would be preached all around the world?

• lurker
    lurker

I agree. Most of the world has never heard of Jehovahs Witnesses. Even in the part of the US I live in it is amazing how many in the door to door work do not know who they are and have never seen their literature. And I for my part will do all I can to help them never know.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Well i'm not sure about other countries (particularly developing ones) but here in England i'd say most people have heard of the JW's here?!?!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I figure about 3% attend the Memorial annually. With D/F's and faders there would have to be another 2% and say 10% who know something vague about JW's such as work mates, clergy, doctors and the like. Perhaps another 20% who have heard of JW's and that's about it.

Now confine that to 30 or so developed countries.

The worlds birth and death rate far outstrips the ability of dubs to get anywhere near all the earths people.

I'd leave it to Jehovahs stones to cry out.

• blondie
    blondie

Even if people have "heard" of JWs, how many know what their message is. This is what people know about JWs.

1) Don't take blood transfusions

2) Don't celebrate birthdays

3) Don't celebrate holidays

4) Don't salute the flag/say pledge of allegiance

5) Don't serve in the military

Not a single point is one JWs talk about in the door to door ministry but rather issues of conflict with non-JWs.

Never has anyone said to me "Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians preaching about God's Kingdom." Never, never, never.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit