True religion my A@#$%^%^

by Woodsman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I said something to my wife. I've been really tolerant for two years but am ready to enter a new phase of saying it like it is. She is ready.

A friend of hers came in from out of town and they caught up on all the gossip. So much whispering. Thats one thing I forgot about. In an effort to live up to an impossible way of life, JWs have to whisper about so much becuase they don't want anyone to know that they are just like everyone else.

Well it just so happens that their friend, sort of mine too, left her husband this very same day. They chatted about whether it was his excessive drinking or did she hook up with someone else. They also caught up on all the other failing marraiges and sad stories of their congregations.

Later that night as my wife told me the details I couldn't help but snicker.When she asked why I said well honey you can take these stories and stick them in that brochure about how you are the true religion.She said don't pick on her. I said I'm not, I think its great that you guys are just like everyone else.

I honestly think she agrees with this. She didn't get upset at all. I hope that something will get through.

Thanks for listening.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Keep feeding her mind insightful tidbits, but take care...if it has been fed for very long by the "slave" it may be near starvation and we all know it's important not to overfeed the starving right at first, their systems can't handle it

Much luck and good will your way! Hope to see your wife here some day

~Merry

• karnage
    karnage

I have to admit... I am thrilled to not be the topic of conversation in some of the gossip at the Kingdom Hall! I REALLY don't miss that!! Witnesses love to gossip about anything and everything!

• steve2
    steve2

I really liked the matter-of-fact but low key way you discussed this with your wife.

You're absolutely right: JWs are actually no worse or better than anyone else.

Some who leave the organization seem to go on a mad crusade against the JWs; others leave but cling to the vain hope or notion that the JWs might be the "true" people after all. Reality is perhaps in-between both poles: JWs just another bunch of sincere Christians craving a special place and spouting a lot of "Look-how-different-we-are" stuff, but who are just like the reast of humanity bumbling along, trying to appear as if we know what we're doing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit